The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8-6 2018

Looking for info from the buyers & sellers of used guitars out there, from their experience, plus any recommendations.

Thanks in Advance for your input.

Larry

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Never had any problem with Canada Post shipping (anywhere in Canada from Quebec).

Cost is based on volume, weight, distance and insurance. Insurance is important.
For instance, I quite recently shipped a 600$ electric archtop with HSC to BC for some 85$, while it costs some $105 to ship a 2k$ acoustic and OHSC less than 200km away.

Both were carefully packed in guitar boxes.
To pack without adding much weight, dozen egg crates and empty 2 l plastic bottles (with caps) make a great job.

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
FROM where TO where? How many days expected in transit? Insured value of the guitar? These are important varaibles but, that said, expect somewhere between $50 for a low cost guitar (within ON/QC) & $150 for a more expensive one (BC/NL) via Canada Post. Fully insured of course.

Reactions: Alex

·
Registered
22 Posts
Canada post under 80 bucks for electric in Canada for my last 2 purchases. Great service. I’ve signed up for flex so I pick up at post office near me.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,116 Posts
The insurance ends up being a big component on a high dollar item - $1.50 per $100 of coverage.
It's actually $2/$100 for insurance with CP and anything over $200 signature is mandatory which is another $1.50. To answer the OP, as a general average it's around $100 to ship a guitar with $2k insurance. Give or take based on more/Less insurance and distance.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I shipped a few guitars from Fort St.John BC to St.John’s NL a while back, total cost was about $100 + insurance cost, and that’s about as far geographically as you can ship inside of Canada.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If you’re including the US I just had a guitar shipped from NJ to Washington State via UPS insured and it was $125 USD. Seller paid shipping:D we were both shocked.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
when shipping a 3500.00 guitar to the USA what service would you use, and can you get insurance that high...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts