The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
841 - 860 of 929 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Finally got my hands on one of these MIJ Tokai teles… I mean breezysounds and it is just stellar. Didn’t need much work, just some cosmetic adjustments and replacing the 3-way with a 4-way switch and a no-load tone pot.
The pics do not do the colour justice, it is “old candy apple red” and it is spectacular :)
Before:
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory Wood

after:
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

·
Registered
38 Posts
This was my first ever build from a couple years ago. Kindof a Fano knockoff.

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Guitar Wood String instrument accessory

Going to fix some of my dislikes. It's heavy as hell so the router is coming out. I hate where I put the switch, but I'm going to try making it lower profile first. If that is still annoying maybe I'll do a LP toggle up top.

Neck was one of those cheapo Amazon jobs. Actually not bad at all, but I might change the headstock shape. For no good reason other than I don't like it.
Shoe Guitar accessory Musical instrument Line Wood

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
This is on my workbench today. I might send it back, it seems to be missing a fret.
Musical instrument Wood String instrument String instrument accessory Wood stain

Some little beech musta curb stomped it right dead center of the "fragile" sticker. What are the chances of that happening some other way? Poor at best. :mad:

and it happened before delivery because there was packing tape holding the box together. Canada Post btw.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
This is on my workbench today. I might send it back, it seems to be missing a fret.
View attachment 414621
Some little beech musta curb stomped it right dead center of the "fragile" sticker. What are the chances of that happening some other way? Poor at best. :mad:

and it happened before delivery because there was packing tape holding the box together. Canada Post btw.
Ah man a bit of glue and your golden!

That is a big FU from some disgruntled CP employee!

That looked like a nice neck before it go Kungfued, where did it come from and what was it for?

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
Ah man a bit of glue and your golden!

That is a big FU from some disgruntled CP employee!

That looked like a nice neck before it go Kungfued, where did it come from and what was it for?
It was for a set-neck LP.
and It WAS a nice neck, well built and good materials. All it needed was a bit of final fret magic and some oil. (insert heavy sigh here)

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
View attachment 414621

That sucks. That box looked sturdy enough. Ha, ha…
The one I ordered came in a bag with one layer of bubble wrap.
Hood Automotive exterior Fashion accessory Metal Triangle
Sleeve Bumper Automotive lighting Wood Gadget
Hood Sleeve Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper
Body jewelry Wood Feather Everyday carry Jewellery

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory

I picked up this guitar the other day and noticed the strings were long done and the frets needed recrowning , so I did a job. I bought this with my tax refund in 1984 at a guitar store going out of business in Market Mall, Saskatoon. I lived with some hair balls and where unemployed for the winters so we sat around and played acoustic for hours a day. This guitar is relic’d the old school way, beat up at a party house. I really like the string spacing because I used to be really good at finger pickin.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Well that didn’t fare well!

Come to think about it, I had one shipped like that and it was ok when I got it.
The good news is it took so bloody long to get here I canceled the order. Three months later it shows up. No on my credit card, just my house! For free, I’ll live with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
This was my first ever build from a couple years ago. Kindof a Fano knockoff.

View attachment 414588

Going to fix some of my dislikes. It's heavy as hell so the router is coming out. I hate where I put the switch, but I'm going to try making it lower profile first. If that is still annoying maybe I'll do a LP toggle up top.

Neck was one of those cheapo Amazon jobs. Actually not bad at all, but I might change the headstock shape. For no good reason other than I don't like it.
View attachment 414589
Did you build the body or is a repurpose?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you use a template, is which one?
It's pretty much a Les Paul Junior body shape with tele guts routered in.

I liked the look of those Fano guitars so I stole the idea a wee bit.

I drew out the body from some lpj measurements, made it a bit smaller because of the size of the wood lump, and routered the pickup holes and neck pocket from a template I made.

Body was mostly just a pencil and a bandsaw tho.
Pickguard too.

You can see the flat spot on left that made me whittle it down a bit. Lol
Almost gave it a bigsby...
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory String instrument

Musical instrument Wood Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument

Whatever the wood is is pretty heavy .
I spent a couple hours yesterday ramming an auger up its jackhole from all angles to hollow it out. Also routed a smugglers space under the Pickguard haha.

Hopefully I got a couple pounds off.

841 - 860 of 929 Posts