The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just back from another cruise gig; as usual, on sax/flute/clarinet.

Next gig I have lined up is a couple of months of theatre work on multiple woodwinds and guitars! Yay - $$$!

I've also been working on a show to do as a guest entertainer on cruise ships. I've spent a lot of time in Finale doing the charts, and Reaper, doing backing tracks to make it all work. I'll probably being doing some seniors homes with my tracks in the near future.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
With that thread title, you could play selections from Frank Marino’s “What’s Next” album and wake the whole cruise up.

P

·
0 Posts
So the best way to see you perform would be to move into a seniors home?

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
I'm just back from another cruise gig; as usual, on sax/flute/clarinet.

Next gig I have lined up is a couple of months of theatre work on multiple woodwinds and guitars! Yay - $$$!

I've also been working on a show to do as a guest entertainer on cruise ships. I've spent a lot of time in Finale doing the charts, and Reaper, doing backing tracks to make it all work. I'll probably being doing some seniors homes with my tracks in the near future.
Your comment on playing some seniors home has given me pause for reflection. I spend a lot of time playing for myself in my music room on almost a daily basis and maybe I could be doing more for the community. Can you provide a little more information about playing for the seniors. By the way, at 68, I guess I am one.

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Awesome gigs! Cruise ships and theatre gigs can be some of the toughest but most rewarding, and you gotta be good!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
There is at least one guy doing senior/nursing homes in Quebec... I read a paper about him last year. I remember he would ask about residents favorite songs... and reminds the enlighting eyes of a woman suffering Alzheimer disease when he played her preferred song for her.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
Hi Merlin...Great to hear from you again! Thanks for the update...seems like you have been very busy! Hope it is/was enjoyable.

I was recently talking to Rob (owner of Molly Blooms and the Revival House in Stratford) and your name was mentioned (all good things).

Which theatre will you be working at? (if you can tell us).

All the best!

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Merlin...Great to hear from you again! Thanks for the update...seems like you have been very busy! Hope it is/was enjoyable.

I was recently talking to Rob (owner of Molly Blooms and the Revival House in Stratford) and your name was mentioned (all good things).

Which theatre will you be working at? (if you can tell us).

All the best!

Cheers

Dave
I’m actually going to be working at the Panasonic Theatre in Toronto. I’m not contracted by Stratford this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts