The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
501 - 520 of 595 Posts

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
This week I turned your typical 2" wide shoulder pounder starter pack strap into big boy strap.

disassembled, took the ribbon and mounted it to 3" wide padded leather base with rolled edges.

Way more comfy with the extra surface area to spread the weight. Also amply padded with grippy lining.
This is going on one of the jimmy page fender telecasters. A similar strap came with the case candy, but
the owner decided he wanted to level up and bought the dunlop stained glass hootenanny strap on Amazon,
and had it sent to me so he could keep the original case candy as stock.

Also a new commission in the Shakey series, just completed earlier today... the peacenik symbols go on
sparkly mojotone amp grill, then mounted to soft dark, dark brown leather.

This is going on one of those Black Gold gretches. They look dark dark brown but have a bit of gold glint to them,
so I think this is going to be a killer combo. Lots more pics on the F-borg page.

Now working on a new series I'm going to call "Blind to the Tyranny"

Also, nice photo came in from Dylan in Saskatoon... this is an interesting combo

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·

🍑
"Eat a Peach" is a totally 70's vintage-vibey guitar strap. A whole lot of embroidered stars and heavy black leather. 3" wide, nicely padded, grippy black suede lining.
A perfect match for your platform soles, and fringed vest and plenty long enough for great guitarman poses... try that with a factory strap that's 4 inches too short. :ROFLMAO:
Far OUT!
✌️
🍄

Also bringing back the Carpetbagger/goth grandma series, I last made these 2017. One of my best, and they
look awesome with soft fender colours.

Got a new one made called "Bind to the Tyranny"

and Gunsmoke is in interesting one, a departure in that it's a front buckler, padded but only 2-1/4 inches wide at max.
Trying something new in the StrapLab... an experiement with shiny metallic gunmetal sheridan material and black leather.

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
Valerie asked us to outfit her with a comfy guitar strap. A showy blue / silver sparkle "galaxy" fabric caught her eye... we put it on black leather, padded it in the Well-Hung way, by special request made it 2.5" wide. We present: "Valaxy"... it's a stunner…

Might even eclipse the Starry Night finished Ernie Ball Musicman it's destined to sling!

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
Over the last couple of days I've been working on repurposing a highly specialized pneumatic tool, to see if I couldn't make it do something I need a lot of gettin' done, in a faster and easier manner. It involved configuring a bunch of new air compressor connections, a lot of fartin' around with regulators and moisture trap stuff. Some HSS drilling and tapping too, and despite tackling the machine shop type stuff with a only vice and a hand drill, (got no press), and some praying... it freaking works, and I don't even think it's too dangerous. Time will tell LOL! When it comes to manly shop tools, like drills and saws and such, I'm not very handy at all that, but it's amazing what some folks can do with those things

What I invented here, not sure if I'm gonna show it, maybe someday could be kind of a gamechanger in leatherwork, but there is going to be a learning curve.
Once I get comfortable with this gadget, it's going to help mechanize some of the real tedious work, along with making a such a huge racket that'll probably drive my neighbors a little crazy. Double win!

Oh, and this morning I found time to finish a few I had started last week.... I didn't even know of a fabric type called "burnout velvet" before last week but that's what this is. Think soft, thick and rich velvet but with pattern sort of burned into it, but where the pattern is, it's kind of like soft black leather (but not real leather). Very cool. Great texture. And the pattern is a nice fenderesque paisley as well. I don't make red straps too often, but man... these are RED, and as comfortable as they are hot!

Meet the next strap in the Well-Hung Brad's Paisley series... "Angry Paisley" coming to Reverb soon

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
Been working with a new material I ordered on a whim over the past week or so, trying all kinds of treatments to get it where I feel it needs to be. This morning some new success, so I figured I'd try the first two straps in a new series I'm calling "Tarnished." Pretty proud of these.

So far I've only been able to get this to a tarnished Silver and Brass look, I think copper might be do-able, probably can do an nice gun blue too if anyone is interested. Quite a striking effect in the lights, metallic, but semi-dulled and aged metallic, y'know? Just like grandpappy's old shootin' iron!

I couldn't help but laugh out loud when it came to mind this looks just like day five with the new guitar with that bright gold hardware. LOL, still laughing. I've been there too, don't worry. Really, you know those old customs with the slightly orangy worn out old gold? Don't think there could be a better match.

The beauty of it is, it takes quite a bit of work to get this effect, you cannot just buy these finishes off-the-rack. Both "Tarnished" straps here are built on 3" wide padded garment leather bases, with beautifully soft and comfy padding, and suedey lining, and they go up to 58" long, so you can easily pull all the coolest guitar moves that you absolutely cannot do with shorty factory straps. Saw you try it once, pretty much giggled mysef to death. Can't pull great shapes on a short leash, just don't work.

Plus, comfort and elegance in spades. Now up in the Well-Hung Reverb boutique.

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 ·
Old Sherpa joke: 🏔 The Himalayan Snow Leopard asked a Marmot if he he ever had a problem with poo sticking to his fur, to which the Marmot replied "Why no, not at all!" So, the leopard snatched up that li'l marmot and quickly wiped himself up.💩 😅

Custom order from the "Wild Thing" series... this one goes over 60" long.

Reactions: sulphur

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
Trying some new carving/tooling techniques this weekend.

Almost finished. Still needs two more coats of resolene to lock all the dye down.

I was also trying some new dye techniques also with pro-oil dyes... this resulted in a mostly black looking-strap from a dozen feet away, but which has deep red/brown undertones up close in person under good light. A repetitive geometric pattern carved into the body, with a bunch of nickel rivets dressing it up and down.

Overall an ugly/beautiful brutish sort of vibe to this one. Kind of like a few of the CGF oldtimers here

Any dark tobacco burst, oxblood or wine red guitar would all benefit having this strap suspend it.
3" wide, padded on the shoulder, min 43"-56" long. Many more pics on f-borg. Happy Monday!

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
What's way more comfy, more practical and much more fun than a French tickler?

Why, a Well-Hung "Texas Tickler" silly! Let's ride.... giddyup! Hyah!

Beautiful diamond weave pattern fabric, combined with heavy black leather, rolled edges, 3" wide ultra padded. Got a little Cowboy feature up front in a shiny nickel star concho and black grainy leather, with some thong action hangin' down. Once you figure out how to wiggle it proper, you'll find it's gonna attract some attention. Kinda like fishin'

Black, tans, rust and brown theme, goes with most any guitar, and you'll want to put it on all of them.

Blackguard BSB tele? Hell yeah, acoustic campfire jammer? Dang tootin'. Super light strap, strong and long! Plenty more pics on Reverb

Ok, and speaking of fancies tickled, got this photo back yesterday... "Valaxy" from the Well-Hung Star Power series, on the Starry Night EB.
If only still photos could show the glitter. This via a custom order.

"Strap received and it is totally spot on - lively with sparkles framed by the leather and super comfy. The purple-y stitches def added a cool dimension in the appearance too, and the backing is so soft!" - Val in Cali

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #512 ·
Mike likes guitars, so we like Mike.

note the video length. Planned? Who's to know?

Also, watch coming to the store soon... new "1969" series straps, yet-to-be-named.... featuring vintagey hootenanny weave, on padded base for xtra comfort and cool. Some folks have been asking for straps a bit less that 3" so these spec out to about 2-5/8" wide, but still padded, with heavy leather ends.

Several other new things in the store too... if you care to go look, including this paisley beast

Happy friday my bros

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 ·
Seeking a quality handmade guitar strap for your dred that can match your sunny personality? You know, that upbeat cheerful mood you normally keep supressed deep inside, that's just aching to get out?

Coming soon a limited run of "Sunflower" made of robust tapestry weave material in warm sunny tones. Heavy black leather ends, amply padded and made good and long, so you don't have to be a grump about shorty straps no more.

Next to appear in the Well-Hung "Carpetbagger" series.

If you can still find a way to be surly wearing this one, you're probably a lost cause :)

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
Everybody's workin' for the weekend... Duh-dunnananannanna (not that there's anything wrong with that)

"Midas Paisley" is a custom order for Bart in Cali and it's going on a crazy pink paisley/gold burst Gretsch. Is it going to be a huge win? Or a terrible clash?

The gold on his gretsch is more of an orangy gold, but this strap is more in the greenifiying goldtop gold vein, in fact to my eye almost an exact match.

When a fellow gets the swarming paramecii in his blood, it can be rather mesmerizing.
Probably have another custom to show later tonight, completely different style, but also rather cool.

Reactions: jdto

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·
Woohoo! Another custom job over the finish line... meet "Holey Man" which is now headed out Austin TX direction.

3" wide, padded in the shoulder, black leather all around. Goes to approx 62"... that's plenty long.
Glittery rivets and nice big grommets all up the front and much of the back. Big check Marshall grill cloth peeking out, transparently delivering sweet vintage 6L6 strap tone!

If you hold your ear up to the sound holes and listen real close you might hear, Dimebag, Stevie Ray, EVH, Hendrix, Brad Gillis, Randy Rhoads and other dearly departed Disciples of Shred, a-pending which hole you choose.

But you have to listen real close, and not have your hearing all fuggered up like you probably do.

Also, coming to the Reverb store later today, "Shattered" the brand new latest Well-Hung "Star Power" series strap. Features a bajillion tiny sparkles that glitter like crazy in hard light.
I mean in the sunshine? This crazy thing is spectacular. And, no seven years bad luck involved... I hope!

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #516 ·
Welcoming Mike "The Hammer," newly enlisted to the respected/ feared Shock & Awe Militia.
Soon to be in command of our Austin, TX chapter once #79 is fully deployed.

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #517 ·

Even better to be The PYTHON King!

Cinderella story... the result of an extreme creative mess up, then a somewhat heroic recovery. Just another day in the Well-Hung StrapLab!
3" wide, metallic gold on black, with hints of blue, python embossed cowhide leather, padded, up to 60"). Since this was crazy ride tip to tail,
not sure If I could ever dare repeating it, but dang it, it's kinda badass!

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #519 ·
I always look forward to a new entry in this thread.
Aw thanks! I do enjoy showcasing this stuff, hope it's fun and entertaining in a shilly sort of way.

Look, a cool photo came back from Quebec, featuring "Praise the Paisley" on a groovified Rickenthumper

Also today I completed a pastoral, countrifried thing called "Rural Route"

·
Mad Strappier
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
If you ever wanted a strap that looks like a bottle of stripper dust, Glitter Bomb will do it. I remember last year a fella in France bought this strap. Loved it so much, he felt compelled to purchase a guitar he felt was deserved it. Ended up with a White LP Custom, (slightly aged), and the gold sparkles really set off the hardwares nice!

Let's see if we can do it again... here's your excuse to grab that custom you always wanted, but advise that you grab up "Glitter Bomb" first, because this is only the second one in existence. 3" wide, mega padded, goes up to 58" long easy.

What's up Pussycat? Whoa-o-oh-ohh-oh! The modern version LOL! Custom job which is easily reversible to black crushed velvet coffin lining on the inside. 2.5" wide, heavy leather, bigly padded for comfort and made in the abhorrent conditions of my one-man basement sweatshop, (not located in Asia).

Another recent custom, with the floral pattern, but the customer made me hand-dye it pelham blue.
What a pain, but it looks pretty good

Speaking of blue... I've been working on getting an accurate metallic Gun Blue on this Sheridan material,
added a big cowboy buckle

Also, if any of you follow or join to follow the Well-Hung page on F-book... if you seek this one out there, you can find a way to get this
strap half price. Mojotone black & tan grill, with sexy gold sparkle, and it's wide and long and more comfy than a Mike Lindell pillow

501 - 520 of 595 Posts