The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a guy selling one on the OM for $600. just want your opinions.

·
Premium Member
5,166 Posts
New that price is good. Used, I don't think it is at all. I see them on Craigslist and eBay quite frequently for well under $500. And a lot of those still have warranty left on them.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...that's an okay price IF its the wr (wine red) model with the celestion vintage 30 speaker. otherwise, $500-$550 is more reasonable. that said, this is a great amp!

-dh

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
I saw the same ad and I think it might be a WR based on the description. I've been looking around for this amp until I got my Princeton, I think $600 is not a bad deal. If you can get it for less it would be a great deal.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ yeah I think it is the WR. Why is the WR better?

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Xanadu said:
^^ yeah I think it is the WR. Why is the WR better?
As far as I know, the YCV40WR has the Celestion Vintage 30 while the YCV40 has the Celestion 70/80. Most people prefer the V30.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Chito said:
As far as I know, the YCV40WR has the Celestion Vintage 30 while the YCV40 has the Celestion 70/80. Most people prefer the V30.
...yeah, i think that's the only difference - a celestion vintage 30 speaker. its a BIG difference, to my ears. i originally purchased the black model with the celestion 70/80 and, although i didn't allow for a break-in period, i found that speaker to be somewhat harsh and brittle.

you can buy the wine-red ycv40wr for a little over $700 new.

-dh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts