The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you must have known a fellow musician in bygone days, lost touch with them, and thought "I wonder whatever happened to...?"

I was looking absentmindedly for someone else - another old local Montreal band - and came across information on a guy I knew from my McGill Psychology days; specifically, this guy: James Armstrong I wasn't "friends" with Pierre, but we all knew him as a really interesting guy, who had come to Montreal from Chicago, where his dad was a prof in the same department as Mircea Eliade (whom my best friend - a student of comparative religion - idolized.) Pierre was just a really cool and smart guy. And when he showed up for a gig, he brought an attache case with all his harps arranged by key. He was a pro and one helluva harp player. From time to time, I wondered what became of him. And now I know. He kept one foot in psychology, and the other foot in the blues. Mississippi Heat ~ Blues Music

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think it's pretty cool too! A perk of the computer age.

40+ years I've thought of many of the musicians/friends I knew in Halifax. (Pre-Mad-Marion @ Odin's Eye Cafe, and Speakeasy Audio {R. Stewart, Barry, Denise, Blake, Steve, Kirk, Brian})

A harp man too, Bill Briand aka: Willy Hop, is just one of those people you don't want to lose track of. Used to be with Water Street Blues Band.

Ran across Bill, on YouTube, and it was pretty damn cool. Then I was able to run across Glen Wenham playing guitar on Willy Hop's, "Fluid Drive" album. He's is a great guitarslinger, & a former WSBB member as well. And I think I knew Micheal Coyle (vocals) as an 'OG' Odin's Eye founder type -- not sure tho. It was the 70's. :confused:

© Museum of Canadian Music inclusion.

And I got to listen to 'Josephine She Got Her Diamond' -- Buddy & The Boys. :cool:

Reactions: mhammer
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.