Retire ?
Save it for the next Generation ?
Get on a GAS spree ?
Get a new house ? .....

What would you do ?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Depends on the amount. If it was insane like in the 100 millions, I'd probably build low cost housing in my community, both here in Sutton where we can't house tourism and field workers and in Îles de la Madeleine where tourist bought everything in sight to put it on Airbnb, or locals that kick renters out for 3 months in the summer to make a bundle renting to tourists. Give back ...

If it was more modest, I'd get a good EV and travel the continent.

·
Registered
226 Posts
First thing , go see my boss and hand him my work boots. Invest, help out family and friends, hire some security, give some to charity, piss some away, relax and enjoy retirement. I'd also set milestones for my kids and grandchildren in order to receive thier inheritance ( collage, marriage, ect)

·
Monster Replier
'97 Strat Plus, 70's Northern Strat Copy
3,446 Posts
I would buy vertical scope, shut down guitarscanada.com and then frankly, I wouldn't find myself in a position of constant want and therefore would no longer require the money.

Seeing so much fabulous gear and fun projects however leaves me in a state where I am not entirely sure the lottery would really be equivalent to satisfying my need.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
My lottery plan includes offering free gas to everyone simultaneously (7:30 am) at five strategically placed gas stations in the City of Halifax. The free gas will be announced on radio and social media, and is guaranteed to cause the worst gridlock in history as the dumb MFs line up for miles with no regard for the mess they're creating.

Then I'm going to buy the bursts - all of them.

Reactions: Dru Edwards

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I guess it would depend on how much I won. First order of business would be retirement as it's only a few years away anyway. I would probably buy some acreage in the country, build a modest log house with an outbuilding with a fully equipped jam space. Might even invite some of you lunk heads over for a jam. LOL! There's probably some gear I would buy that would include a couple of custom built guitars. If the winnings were large enough I would probably get involved in some philanthropic endeavors. I'd also buy laristotle some soap you can see through.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,269 Posts
I would buy vertical scope, shut down guitarscanada.com and then frankly, I wouldn't find myself in a position of constant want and therefore would no longer require the money.

Seeing so much fabulous gear and fun projects however leaves me in a state where I am not entirely sure the lottery would really be equivalent to satisfying my need.
I'd probably just pay you to continue being GC's resident top poster, if we're honest :)

W.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts