The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How could Gibson take such a piece of their acoustic history and do this to it?

This is enough to make me vomit.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts

Its just a finish. In the end as long as the guitar sounds and plays great and the owner likes the color then all is good. Personally I am very traditionalist and like the boring original finish on guitars. I only like my telecasters blond, my Martins natural and my SG's cherry. So no, these bold colors don't do anything for me.

·
Registered
10,691 Posts

What is that, the C.C. Deville signature model???

Maybe they are trying to appeal to all the old '80s metalheads out there.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
What is that, the C.C. Deville signature model???

Maybe they are trying to appeal to all the old '80s metalheads out there.
pffffffffft. As an old 80's Metalhead, I'll certainly disagree with that statement haha. But I'm also a bit of an outlier. Didn't like a lot of the guitars out there at the time. That's why my Wine red LP Deluxe is what I purchased at the time. The Pete Townsend special.

As far as the J-45 itself, the color is an example of what some very young guitar students kind of like. Just my opinion though. If you like it, have at er.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pffffffffft. As an old 80's Metalhead, I'll certainly disagree with that statement haha. But I'm also a bit of an outlier. Didn't like a lot of the guitars out there at the time. That's why my Wine red LP Deluxe is what I purchased at the time. The Pete Townsend special.

As far as the J-45 itself, the color is an example of what some very young guitar students kind of like. Just my opinion though. If you like it, have at er.
I'm sure that is the market they are aiming for but the price of those are out of the reach of most young people. What I find funny is that they make such a drastic change to their renowned line of acoustics but won't put a volute on their LP's to stop the headstock from snapping off so easily. For that reason alone, I wouldn't buy an LP from them.

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
I'm sure that is the market they are aiming for but the price of those are out of the reach of most young people. What I find funny is that they make such a drastic change to their renowned line of acoustics but won't put a volute on their LP's to stop the headstock from snapping off so easily. For that reason alone, I wouldn't buy an LP from them.

I've never had a problem with their headstocks. Take reasonable care of your guitar and there is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
Hey go for it--or don't
It's your money & your choice...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Might be pretty effective for stage use...
I guess you can key out the green and make it dissapear, you then get a "real" air guitar!!
OH me and my white cadillac, blue suede shoes, pink hummingbird, gotta get that big gold neckless and party!

·
Premium Member
11,662 Posts
One of my kids had a pink Raleigh bicycle well into university. She rode the hell out of that thing and it never got stolen. We wonder if it had to do with the colour.

Regarding Gibson's colour choices, it might be harder to fence a hot guitar that stands out like that. Their resale value later on might be more buyer friendly too, unless the rarity factor kicks in.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: mawmow and jdto
1 - 14 of 14 Posts