The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for good beginner songs, so im curious, what songs popped your cherries?

mine was come CCR - Down on the corner.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
YOU - DON'T - WANT - TO - KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The first whole song, start to finish note for note-ish would have been livin' lovin maid.

Before that I learned the main parts of 'Living after Midnight', 'Breaking the Law' and 'Love Bites'. Lots of little riffs from Iron Maiden songs in there as well.

The next full song would have been Black Dog as I took guitar lessons at Ken Davidson's Music in Bedford NS, and that was the song the teacher taught us.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Old fart here...Greensleeves melody and House Of The Rising Sun with arpeggios. Seems like a thousand years ago...oh yeah, it WAS a thousand years ago!

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Old fart here...Greensleeves melody and House Of The Rising Sun with arpeggios. Seems like a thousand years ago...oh yeah, it WAS a thousand years ago!

Peace, Mooh.
House of the Rising Sun here to. First "real" song I could play and change chords smoothly on.......the arpeggios were somethin i was really proud of!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Hmm 1st song?

Wish You Were here.. I Still love that one and Wonderwall!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The first whole song, start to finish note for note-ish would have been livin' lovin maid.

Before that I learned the main parts of 'Living after Midnight', 'Breaking the Law' and 'Love Bites'. Lots of little riffs from Iron Maiden songs in there as well.

The next full song would have been Black Dog as I took guitar lessons at Ken Davidson's Music in Bedford NS, and that was the song the teacher taught us.
WOW.................. I learned almost the same tunes as you! Living after Midnight was the first song I learned the solo in. Not much of a solo, but still my first. I think I was 14 or so years old.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Besides stuff like "Mary Had a Little Lamb', I used to figure out some simplier music I was into at the time. Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, stuff like that.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts