The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I should have enough cash Thursday to order the last part of the tele . But to build next lmao . I know I like an double cut lesPaul , firebird , and esquire . Most likely get something with a quilted maple top and a dyed top . I can get colouring from work for about $10 a bottle . I’d really like a rosewood esquire or something on that line . I guess I just gotta do some research on other different woods out there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
A long tenon double-cut LP Junior is the guitar model that you don't know you need until after you build one. Extremely satisfying project - very versatile, yet unique tone, customize the playability with the neck carve and action of your choosing.

Very rewarding from the point of view that it'll make you a better player since it encourages you to really use your tone and volume controls and work your right hand strumming/attack technique. Several guys on other forums have an open challenge to play an entire gig using only a Jr; it can be done and without compromise too!

·
Premium Member
19,083 Posts
Consider getting the tools and learning some building and setup related skills yourself (e.g., soldering for electronics changes). By doing that, you can save the expense of having others do it for you. Something to think about.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Consider getting the tools and learning some building and setup related skills yourself (e.g., soldering for electronics changes). By doing that, you can save the expense of having others do it for you. Something to think about.
O I have others that do the wiring and setups for me . I’d love to learn how to solder but don’t know were to start lol what kind of soldering gun and what not .so pointers that way would be great .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts