The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh, just a little something I threw together.
Picked the FJ 2 piece body up 2 weeks ago...stamped order made in the neck pocket. The tele neck comes from another FJ order made strat I have, didn`t like the way it sounds and since it`s order made it`s rare and I didn`t want to mess with it so... I decided to leave all the soldering stock on it and put the neck on this body I got. Took the pickgurd off a Bill`s Brothers strat I have and the p`ups come from a Bacchus strat I swapped p`ups on and have since sold. Found a diagram I had from the Van Zandt company... a mod that has a blender pot set up that requires no new parts, just rewiring. So now I can get all 3 pups along with tone control on the bridge p`up.
Think thats it. Oh yeah...pic...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/shot-glass/fjtelestrat001.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would have to agree. That is a very nice Strat. I am usually not a very big fan of the plain styled Strats, but that one changed my whole persepecitve on it all.

·
Premium Member
13,040 Posts
I like the aged pup covers and knobs, and aged look of the neck. Wonder what it would look like with a tortise shell pickguard ?

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Robert1950 said:
I like the aged pup covers and knobs, and aged look of the neck. Wonder what it would look like with a tortise shell pickguard ?
I finished a MIJ 57 Strat project in the spring. Body looks like yours, neck was nicely aged (both from eBay), and I also decided to go with "aged white" over white look. Simple and very classy with 2-tone S/B.
Tortise shell? That's for accordions (but it's my personal stupid opinion of course:wave: )

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like tortoise shell on white or black strats...i own one of each by Bacchus with that set up, and the white...which is more of a vintage white [ offish white ] has a matching headstock and it looks great.
No tortoise for this one though, I like it the way it is. I do have a F/USA team built Keith tele, made for the Japanese market, that is a 3 tone burst with single ply black guard and it looks good too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts