The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I usually practiced guitar hours a day, I never actually ever took a break.

My chops had been really clean for a while, and I really liked it. But however, a few days ago, I think last thursday, I picked up my guitar at the same time I do everyday, and my chops are so ****ing sloppy, and I've noticed my fingers have slowed down GREATLY. I don't know why the **** this is happening, I never even took a break from guitar!

Now its a few days later, and the problem is getting worst...I've realized my fingers are REALLY slow, and I'm ****ing up playing basic solos.

Why the hell is this happening? Will it pass?

I swear, out of nowhere I just got hit with like a playing disease

·
Premium Member
13,580 Posts
Quite seriously - take a break and don't play for three days. Then try a again, but don't push yourself. See what happens. Everyone goes through a bad phase, just like writers with writer's block. Your fingers seem like they just don't do what their told.

·
Banned
153 Posts
absolutely young Jedi.There is a disturbance in the Force. learn to trust your instincts and your powers will return. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.Seriously though, I think thats actually a good signal that you may be encountering something that will eventually lead to a breakthrough. Those kind of slowdowns have defintly been part of my developemnet over the 30+ years I've been playing guitar. One thing that really sucks is a complete stagnation like Ive hit right now.Thats because I think ive been concentrating more on gear and tone and enjoying it less than when I had a cheap shit rig.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
and you may have just had a breakthrough. You may be subconsciously listening to every note, differently, for the first time. Remember, soul wins over speed every time.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Its called an off day. Get over it. If you were a gigginf player, you would still have to play throught it. You know you've made it when you know you've had an off day, and someone still comes up to you and compliments your playing.

CT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.