The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I usually practiced guitar hours a day, I never actually ever took a break.

My chops had been really clean for a while, and I really liked it. But however, a few days ago, I think last thursday, I picked up my guitar at the same time I do everyday, and my chops are so ****ing sloppy, and I've noticed my fingers have slowed down GREATLY. I don't know why the **** this is happening, I never even took a break from guitar!

Now its a few days later, and the problem is getting worst...I've realized my fingers are REALLY slow, and I'm ****ing up playing basic solos.

Why the hell is this happening? Will it pass?

I swear, out of nowhere I just got hit with like a playing disease

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
Quite seriously - take a break and don't play for three days. Then try a again, but don't push yourself. See what happens. Everyone goes through a bad phase, just like writers with writer's block. Your fingers seem like they just don't do what their told.

·
Banned
153 Posts
absolutely young Jedi.There is a disturbance in the Force. learn to trust your instincts and your powers will return. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.Seriously though, I think thats actually a good signal that you may be encountering something that will eventually lead to a breakthrough. Those kind of slowdowns have defintly been part of my developemnet over the 30+ years I've been playing guitar. One thing that really sucks is a complete stagnation like Ive hit right now.Thats because I think ive been concentrating more on gear and tone and enjoying it less than when I had a cheap shit rig.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
and you may have just had a breakthrough. You may be subconsciously listening to every note, differently, for the first time. Remember, soul wins over speed every time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Happened to me once. I dont remember what I dont remember what I did though. Give it time though and try to have fun with you new found "glory".

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yea they come along once in a while, just not into it but you got to go play anyway. If it's a good night the mood can change....

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
Stratocaster said:
Yes guys!

3 days of no guitar have payed off. I'm officially out of my bad-playing stage!
Hands just need a rest sometimes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts