The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_4778.JPG
I picked up this schecter scorpion deluxe six string electric and cleaned it all up. The strings were shot, and from what I have seen on YouTube, it looks like a metal guitar, Metallica etc. What strings should I put on, before I list it for sale?

·
Registered
73 Posts
View attachment 133449 I picked up this schecter scorpion deluxe six string electric and cleaned it all up. The strings were shot, and from what I have seen on YouTube, it looks like a metal guitar, Metallica etc. What strings should I put on, before I list it for sale?
I wouldnt sweat it. Who ever buys it will likely put on their strings of choice anyways. But of you want to go for a middle of the road/ better than bargain basement go for DR Pure Blues in the guage that is appropriate for thay guitar as is. Snappy and bright. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I would be inclined to put GHS Boomers (or another steel string) on a metal guitar. If the playability's not great, you may want to consider putting on a lighter guage - IIRC Fender always puts on 9-42 at the factory so that even poorly set up guitars feel slinky in the shop.

D'Addario makes a 9.5-44 that could work or better yet would be a 9-46 that will give some gnarly chunk on the bottom end & maximum shredability up high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts