The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I use SIT Extra Lite (8s) and Lites (9s).............

·
Registered
748 Posts
I"ve been using Elixers lately as well.
But try and go back to an uncoated string, and youre looking at an adjustment period again.. since youre used to extra "slippage"

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys (10-46). Used to play D'Addarrio's but I found they broke easily. I tried EB's on a recommendation from a friend & love them.

·
Registered
874 Posts
D,Adarrio 10s on all my electrics. Martin lights on acoustics.

Tarl

D

·
0 Posts
I've only been playing for a few years now so I'm still experimenting. On my electric, it's D'Addario. I had the super light (.009 to .042) and I now have the regular light (.010 to .046). I just picked up the Super tops/reg bottom (9 to 46) so I'll see how that feels.

On my acoustic, I had on the Martin's bronze medium (.013 to .056) but my guitar is all mahogany and it was *missing* higher ends. I've got on now D'Addario Phosphor Bronze light (.012 to .053) and I might go a little lighter.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I play strings much thicker than you guys. :p

I used D'Addario Nickel rounds for about 20 years. Tried ErnieBalls last year and didn't really like them.

Now I use Stainless or Nickel rounds from here http://www.webstrings.com/. Easily half the price of D'addarios at the store.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Martin D12-28: Elixir Polyweb Light (.010-.047)
Larrivée D-09: John Pearse or Martin SP Phos./Br. Medium (.013-.056)
Gash/de Jonge SSC: Martin SP Phos./Br. Light (.012-.054)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts