The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm more of a guitar player but am selling my old P-bass ( and a bunch of other stuff ) and will be buying a cheaper replacement, just to play around the house. Just for the sake of change I'd like to try a semi or full hollow. I'm thinking Jack Casady, Gretsch 6072 or whatever...
I'm more of a alt country guy so I like that deep thump.
What would you all suggest ?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yup, Keep the P Bass. The accoustic is a good idea. I have a Tacoma Thunder Chief and I love it. Great sound volume & projection.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd keep the P too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't listen to them... Send me your P-bass for free and buy another bass :wink:
Don't listen to him, send it to me! I am a lot closer to you and don't think about sending it to the evil East! LOL! Really!

Seriously, you can never have to many basses! In your list, my vote is for the Jack Casady. It just looks so cool.

·
Registered
163 Posts
bluecoyote is really busy so you can send to me and still not have it go to the east :D

That said, look at the new Ibanez Artcore hollowbody basses. They are quite good and have an excellent thump to them. The 34" scale version is the better sounding of the lot IMO. Another great option (aside from keeping the P and putting flats on it) would be the Epiphone Rumblekat. The late Allen Woody of Gov't Mule played one to great effect and it sounded awesome. It is short scale but sounds like a monster and if I could find one I would own it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts