The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
I use thick metal picks, and sometimes thick plastic ones. Im not too picky about brand, as long as they are unbendable...........

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Red Dunlop Jazz III's are the way to go. And for acoustic I use whatever I have lying around, generally Dunlop matchpiks, .80 I guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Xanadu said:
Red Dunlop Jazz III's are the way to go. And for acoustic I use whatever I have lying around, generally Dunlop matchpiks, .80 I guess.
Amen. The reds are better than the blacks, they feel so weird to me.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Dunlop Tortex 1.14. Go Purple!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Usually Dunlop Gator Grips (or whatever they're called), .78 (or whatever - the lighter purple ones) or Dunlop nylon 1.00. Lately though I've been using those Dava hybrid picks.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've been playing with just my fingers for I dont know how long and Im still trying to figure out what pick id rather use. I have a JD 2mm Big Stubby, jazz III, Tortex and two JD nylons (.6mm, .73mm).

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Dunlop Copper picks (Hot Licks), 008s or 009s. Great picks, never break them, nice controlled attack. I've been using them for years, I can never use plastic again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tortex 0.73's. I have tried a ton, thicker when I played more metal, thinner when I played more not-metal. I always love the response I get with the yellow ones.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I usually play Dunlop Gator picks 0.88 or something like that.

I ordered some wooden picks once (www.woodenpicks.com) and they were really good - they're thin (around 1.0 I'd say) unlike most wooden picks I've seen which are sooo thick that I can't use 'em. Expensive, though.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Here are some of the picks I make, the first one is from a 1964 silver dollar, next is aluminum, brass, coconut,plexi-glass and ebony. I make them from alot of other materials, these are just some of the ones I have lying around, my guitar playing buddy's are constantly scooping them away from me :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
i like the JD nylon .88 - 1 works for me.. great action.. they last.. ive had old peavy picks that are now stubbs lol.. and the JD big stubbys dont cut it for me.. might as well use a breadtag

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hear you on those Ultex, Jeff. I had been using Tortex .73's for a while, and read about the Ultex on the FDP. Haven't decided between the 1.0 and the .73 yet. I know what you mean about the attack - I was really surprised by the difference.

C

·
0 Posts
Day to day, Jim Dunlop .73mm, or .60mm... depending on what I'm playing...

Anyone else tried The Wire Thing? www.wirething.com

They didn't do much for me, but someone must like 'em (Mine ended up in my Yard Sale)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts