The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
In all seriousness, I've bought and sold more gear in 2020 than I have in my entire life. Just too much time to sit and scrutinize my gear. Too much time to read forums and cruise Kijiji, Reverb, and the classifieds. And with limited social interaction and the inability to even jam with another human since October, shopping is kind of a coping mechanism. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not doing anything. I'm not spending any money on anything else and I'm not spending money I don't have. Like I told my buddy, if the worst thing that happens to me is we come out the other side of pandemic and I have a lot of really nice instruments, that's really not a bad problem to have.

·
Premium Member
10,673 Posts
For me, i appreciate them as art or like beautiful women. Theres so many types of beauty, I'm always admiring another.

I cant lie, if I was with a beautiful blonde ukrainian supermodel, I would still be leering at her brunette latina friend when she isnt looking. Or her irish redhead friend, etc.
Its the same with guitars...I lust for a beautiful seafoam strat, or a lemonburst LP, korina explorer, paisley tele or snakeskin shredder, whatever. its always something different.
life is too short for just 1.
On that note, 2 NGD posts coming up in the next few days :)

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but over the last few months I sold a bunch of my guitars and got down to 3 (with intention to sell one more) Then, I eventually plan to add 3 or 4 others. I right now am in a position where I've cleared enough space, and put enough money in the GAS fund that I can cross one off the list. Went to look at one of said guitars yesterday and was just kind of like "Meh, I'm good." I realize what a disappointment I am to all of you, and I apologize.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am in the "I have too many, time to purge mindset", but I am also high risk for COVID so I am unlikely to make a move until my family is vaccinated.

But right now, I am for some reason (I am using my Eleven Rack a lot) looking at amps and modelers. Despite almost all of my favourite tones being Marshall- based, I have never owned one. And I know the right Crate can get me the Brown Sound.

Basically....I need help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but over the last few months I sold a bunch of my guitars and got down to 3 (with intention to sell one more) Then, I eventually plan to add 3 or 4 others. I right now am in a position where I've cleared enough space, and put enough money in the GAS fund that I can cross one off the list. Went to look at one of said guitars yesterday and was just kind of like "Meh, I'm good." I realize what a disappointment I am to all of you, and I apologize.
I respect selling when the market’s hot. Good time to move stuff!

I’ve gotten a few things; bought a bass last fall and waiting on a pgk kit, and have a few pedal kits on the go.
But I need to work on my playing! There’s professionals with worse gear than mine.

also, prices are cray cray. I can’t get into paying $500 for a lawsuit guitar, $1500 for a Strat or $2k+ for a les Paul. I’m not that bored.

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
I am in the "I have too many, time to purge mindset", but I am also high risk for COVID so I am unlikely to make a move until my family is vaccinated.

But right now, I am for some reason (I am using my Eleven Rack a lot) looking at amps and modelers. Despite almost all of my favourite tones being Marshall- based, I have never owned one. And I know the right Crate can get me the Brown Sound.

Basically....I need help.
You need a fractal fm3.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
What makes me want another guitar is when the price is so low I can flip it in half an hour and make money.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You need a fractal fm3.
Too much scratch for me, when I barely have time to play as it stands.

I could see one of the lower-spec Helix models being nice though.

And Zoom has an impressive looking option coming that undercuts everyone.

·
Premium Member
17,539 Posts
Too much scratch for me, when I barely have time to play as it stands.

I could see one of the lower-spec Helix models being nice though.

And Zoom has an impressive looking option coming that undercuts everyone.
Might as welll get the best possible use out of the precious time then imo. Helix stuff is pretty solid too.

I get 45m of play time a week so I get that part.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Also me: * Has local L&M store transfer in something that captured my attention at a location on the other side of town *

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I simply enjoy having several guitars, but I do "justify" it by trying to have different pickups amd configurations so that each guitar can get sounds that the others cant. Then again I just like some because they look cool and sound good.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts