The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just wondering what accessories any of you wear to shows. I'm obviously a guitarist and started getting into accessories... Let me know!

·
Premium Member
16,837 Posts
Wear whatever you think works with the image you want your band to convey. If you sound like Steel Panther, get out the spandex and hair spray. If you sound like circa-'88 Metallica, black band shirts and blue jeans and sneakers. If you sound like RHCP, wear whatever you want.

My two cents: worry about how tightly your band performs *long* before you worry about how your band looks.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,122 Posts
I hear wearing butt-less chaps is like steroids for tone!

·
Registered
11,839 Posts
Recycled guitar string jewlery...Home
I picked up a few of them, cool stuff.

No real "style" that I'm after, comfortable shoes and clothes with a proper fit is about all I'm after.

·
Premium Member
9,758 Posts
Golf shirts and pleated Dockers. Call your band "Corporate citizens". Be different. :)

Seriously, be yourself, very casual, unless you come up with a gimmick.

The only rule I have, is don't dress like dad on a beach holiday. Sandals, Bahamas shirts and cargo shorts look dorky onstage, IMO. No one wants to see middle aged men's chubby hairy legs and feet for a 2 hr set. Yet lots of bar bands dress this way.

·
Premium Member
3,340 Posts
The only rule I have, is don't dress like dad on a beach holiday. Sandals, Bahamas shirts and cargo shorts look dorky onstage, IMO. No one wants to see middle aged men's chubby hairy legs and feet for a 2 hr set. Yet lots of bar bands dress this way.
Agreed - dress up, not three piece suit, but something appropriate for a live performance.

·
Premium Member
10,951 Posts

Chainmail strap. This one is stainless steel, leather, and Schaller strap locks with Q-Parts washers. Though the strap is inordinately heavy, it compensates by being more conforming than leather, very cool to the touch, and very ventilated. The mail was done by one of my kids, and the leather by a leatherworker friend.

I ain't no metalhead, but I think this suits.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,122 Posts
Well we should find out if any new rules are in play very shortly :)
It was go topless day a day or two ago, lingering sympathy for nipple freedom may apply here.

·
Premium Member
11,870 Posts
LOL Worked briefly with these guys, doing a video shoot in a production studio I worked at 26 years ago. Man, they left a mess when they were done (but surprisingly nice guys, all things considered). They gave Billy, the editor, a really nice latex squashed cat that he forever after placed on his online monitor (this was the CRT era, you could do that) while he was working, as if to say "Bill's in the house, don't f$%k with my shit."

1 - 20 of 40 Posts