The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what do you do when your not playing guitar ? Thought it might be interesting to find out what other professions and hobbies members might have. Myself I have worked in the industrial manufacturing enviroment for the last 30 years. I took an Industrial electrians apprenticeship in 1979. I have worked in the Steel industry, Automotive and Particleboard manufacturing facility. Currently I have been in the Food industry for the last three years. I work a lot with automated lines, setup programming and troubleshooting. A lot of high speed packaging equipment. It's been an interesting career so far, technology has exploded over the last 10 years. I also have my own business where I install alarm panels, cameras, access sytems and LAN network cabling. Just something to fill in those idle moments...

·
Registered
874 Posts
I am a Continuous Polymerization Instructor at a manufacturing plant. I train the guys to sit in a control room and eat doughnuts all day like Homer Simpson....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nope no other job. Pure musician and I don't think thats a job:tongue: . I own a music studio ( soon to be studios ) , teach guitar, and gig whenever..Life is good:rockon2:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
as of tomorrow. I don't have a job.

But I do contract out my services for webpage design.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I tried that...it didn't work.

Stratocaster said:
Noone will hire me:mad:

...and I'm not cutting my hair:tongue:
They kidnapped, err highered me anyways. I've been doing it for nearly 30 years now. Still haven't cut my hair and I refuse to shave. Let's just say, you never want to meet me professionally.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
davetcan said:
Sweet!! I used to see those being test driven on the track behind my office. A friend of mine just left where I am now, and started working there. I believe he just started this week in the quality department.

I myself did sales for quite a number of years in the motorcycle/snowmobile market throughout Canada.

I'm now in the automotive industry as a shift leader.

·
Registered
154 Posts
trying to retire

after 10 years on the road,(no home)and 40 plus years part time (4 days a week,) during which I installed alarm systems- drove cab in toronto-and finally took a gas fitting course.
to day I am a self employed heating consultant, in bc, can..
the less work I take, the more comes in.

break a leg
jimmy peters

·
Registered
644 Posts
a. I'm a Walmart Greeter. :wave:

b. I was going to open a Brothel and run it by hand until I could afford
girls but it never took off.

c. I work in the Defence Industry, for the same company as davetcan.

d. none of the above.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
GD gives co-op places with our school.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm a certified electronics technologist and I teach at a local college. I teach in a Computer Systems Technology program. I specialize in network security and forensics, Cisco Systems, Linux Operating Systems and I also teach Microsoft servers and networking when forced into it. I do some webdesign for fun on the side as well as repairing,modding and building tube amps and effects pedals.

·
Registered
306 Posts
mmmm.....donuts...

Rex Lannegan said:
The wild world of Occupational Health & Safety. :zzz:
Me too...but never a dull moment! :banana: The past 6 years have been a blur for me. I always say my claim to fame is a significant reduction in workplace injuries and environmental incidents since I got out of operations and into EH&S. We never had a trainer like Tarl, but I still managed to eat an awful lot of donuts during my 10+ years as a plant operator...I had to cut back on these things since I started flying a desk.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
lolligagger said:
Me too...but never a dull moment! :banana: The past 6 years have been a blur for me. I always say my claim to fame is a significant reduction in workplace injuries and environmental incidents since I got out of operations and into EH&S. We never had a trainer like Tarl, but I still managed to eat an awful lot of donuts during my 10+ years as a plant operator...I had to cut back on these things since I started flying a desk.
HAHA, you're right...you never know what's coming your way in this field. I've recently started in it (6 months) and am still adjusting to it. I guess, for me, the only :zzz: part is the paperwork that comes with it. I enjoy the project work. I may be PM'ing you for some tips! :food-smiley-004:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts