The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
wow

that's something you don't see everyday.

Sorry, no info, IIRC they were cheap beginner guitars back in the day, but, man, who knows, it's probably a collectable now.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Go on ebay and check out te Vintage category under the Guitars section-you will be surprised to see how much this crap is selling for..

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
Looks like an old Tiesco
That was my thought too.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I had one of those when I was about 16 - it was old then but I remember that the guy who gave it to me said it was about ten years old at the time - so that would mean in was made around 1975 if he was correct (I would have guessed it was late 60's).

Mine had a silvertone badge that was stuck on the headstock, and I remember my older brother telling me it was an "Apollo" for whatever that's worth, as I remember him throwing that name around almost at random when refering to older guitars as He had owned one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya it's neat but it plays like ass and the pickups are weak as hell. I'd like to just have it hangin on that brick wall you see in the pics. I suppose though if anybody did want to pay some cash for it, I probably wouldn't think twice about not selling it.

Anybody have anything to say about a MANN Les Paul copy?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
You might be suprised, I've seen old Silvertones selling for $800.00 US. Mine played about the same as yours does. Let me know if you find out if it's worth something, I think mine may be still in my Mother's attic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That can't actually be flamed maple, can it? It looks real in the neckplate closeup and there's an off-centre seam above the tailpiece. I see it was imported for the Canadian market, as it was sold at "Simpsons-Sears". There's a local shop here thats got a buch of stuff like this displayed up high, 'cause they make kinda cool wall hangers - I've got a bunch of old Harmony stuff myself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
+1 on "Wow, that's something you don't see everyday."

That thing IS fugly, but I like the tone/volume sliders, especially how the labels are oriented for the player. :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
I don't know what it is, exactly, but a friend of mine has one and it's a POS. Looks interesting, but plays and sounds just terrible (like most of those wacky '60s guitars).

·
Registered
244 Posts
it is indeed a Silvertone.........late 60's early 70's

made by teisco or kawai

I may be interested for the right price

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I had one of those when I was about 16 - it was old then but I remember that the guy who gave it to me said it was about ten years old at the time - so that would mean in was made around 1975 if he was correct (I would have guessed it was late 60's).

Mine had a silvertone badge that was stuck on the headstock, and I remember my older brother telling me it was an "Apollo" for whatever that's worth, as I remember him throwing that name around almost at random when refering to older guitars as He had owned one.
My friend's got an old silvertone too...:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its a Keeper

I love it, of course I love any older unusual guitar:rockon2:
I would keep it unless you really need the cash as its value will probably go higher as time passes.:rockon:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had an old Silvertone like that in the early to mid seventies , my son and I came across one in a pawn shop in North Bay a few months ago.

·
Registered
124 Posts
so, this guitar is now mine. i've got it in being cleaned up so that, hopefully, the output gets back to something somewhat normal. i find it playable, but am not really that concerned about it. it's just cool. with sliders and switches for each pickup the tonal possibilities are endless. that is, as long as it cleans up fine. if it doesn't then, well, it still looks cool.

interestingly enough, the case i have for this guitar is an Acoustic Black Widow case, it's got some plates on it identifying it as such!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts