The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to 7:14.
I had planned to limit my pedal board to minimum needed pedals but I'd like to add whatever pedal this is. So who can tell me what it is and what pedal maker makes a good one?
Its some type of chorus but it sounds like more than a chorus.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,823 Posts
Sounds like vibrato. A good vibrato pedal? Someone else will have to chime in. I'm not a big fan of vibrato, so I couldn't tell you. I've heard the TC Electronics Shaker is good.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like vibrato. A good vibrato pedal? Someone else will have to chime in. I'm not a big fan of vibrato, so I couldn't tell you. I've heard the TC Electronics Shaker is good.
It sounds like some kind of Rotary something or other. Not sure.
Pretty sure this is the same thing and one of my favorite songs with this effect. Its at the intro.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Sounds like a rotary speaker emulator to me.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a basic chorus with the depth maxed
If you listen to the stones cut intro it seems like something a little more sophisticated than that. It sounds just like the Greg Koch video at 7:14. Its a specific sound and I'm guessing its a specific effect. I lean more towards Hamstrungs suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I think it is a rotary sim, they don't sound quite the same as a chorus, but on slow speeds/lower intensities they sound a lot like a cross between a chorus and vibrato.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it is a rotary sim, they don't sound quite the same as a chorus, but on slow speeds/lower intensities they sound a lot like a cross between a chorus and vibrato.

Yeah thats it. Guess I'll have to look at adding one of those in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts