The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

What is this big Amazon Prime thing all about?

650 views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  knight_yyz 
#1 ·
Just a big sale on Amazon?

#2 ·
As far as I can tell, it gives you free shipping on Amazon Prime items.

#3 ·
Which is silly because you can get free shipping on most items anyway. They just won't bust any balls to get it shipped. I always take free shipping from them and I get my items within 2 days of them shipping it. Which can take a few days. With Prime I think it is next day shipping for free

G
#5 ·
You let them take like subscription money every month out of your bank account automatically, and then if you buy something from Amazon, they don't charge you shipping. If you buy lots from them all the time it might be a good deal.

#17 ·
If I order something from Amazon, I have 4 options not including prime. I can get it by next Wednesday for free. Which means they wont ship until Friday or Monday. But because I am less than 50km from the warehouse, I usually get my free shipping within 2 days of them saying it has shipped. But with prime it's guaranteed 2 days shipping, so they will ship it ASAP. This is why i always pick free when it is available. For shits and giggles I just put a 40 dollar item in my cart. Free shipping next Wednesday, 15 for Next Tuesday, 20 if you want it Friday and 25 if you want it Thursday . I don't think I have ever waited the full 7 days for free shipping.

Prime would automatically give you by Friday for free instead of 25 for shipping. So they make Prime sound like a good deal. It's only a good deal if they take the free option away. Unless you like all the perks they give you . Their version of Netflix , you get first dibs and discounts on pre orders for games and books, unlimited photo storage, you get access to the lightning deals 30 minutes before the general public,

I could care less about the perks. Nothing there interests me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.