The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
As far as I can tell, it gives you free shipping on Amazon Prime items.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Which is silly because you can get free shipping on most items anyway. They just won't bust any balls to get it shipped. I always take free shipping from them and I get my items within 2 days of them shipping it. Which can take a few days. With Prime I think it is next day shipping for free

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
if you're in the USA you also get all kinds of streaming movies, I believe

we get shortchanged up here

P

·
0 Posts
You let them take like subscription money every month out of your bank account automatically, and then if you buy something from Amazon, they don't charge you shipping. If you buy lots from them all the time it might be a good deal.

·
Premium Member
8,461 Posts
Is it every month? I thought it was a yearly fee. I can't remember.

I don't know. All I know is that all my birthday, x-mas and whatever gifts are amazon gift cards. I even buy my vitamins on there.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
10-25% off certain items if you have Prime. Prime gives free shipping. I went through most of the list. Meh.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
You let them take like subscription money every month out of your bank account automatically, and then if you buy something from Amazon, they don't charge you shipping. If you buy lots from them all the time it might be a good deal.

But there is a specific deal on right now. I got the email about it yesterday but didn't bother to read it.

P

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Prime. A waste of money and time unless your a frequent buyer on Amazon. Many items are not available for free shipping on Prime. I cancelled it 3/4 years back.

·
Premium Member
11,629 Posts
Crap, I thought it was an estimate of how many days before they shipped.

Could be 1 or 2 or 3 or 5. Or maybe 7 or 11 or 13. Who knows?

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Amazon Prime Streaming TV is in the same ballpark as Netflix.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
If I order something from Amazon, I have 4 options not including prime. I can get it by next Wednesday for free. Which means they wont ship until Friday or Monday. But because I am less than 50km from the warehouse, I usually get my free shipping within 2 days of them saying it has shipped. But with prime it's guaranteed 2 days shipping, so they will ship it ASAP. This is why i always pick free when it is available. For shits and giggles I just put a 40 dollar item in my cart. Free shipping next Wednesday, 15 for Next Tuesday, 20 if you want it Friday and 25 if you want it Thursday . I don't think I have ever waited the full 7 days for free shipping.

Prime would automatically give you by Friday for free instead of 25 for shipping. So they make Prime sound like a good deal. It's only a good deal if they take the free option away. Unless you like all the perks they give you . Their version of Netflix , you get first dibs and discounts on pre orders for games and books, unlimited photo storage, you get access to the lightning deals 30 minutes before the general public,

I could care less about the perks. Nothing there interests me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts