The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda lookin' at you @laristotle , since I consider you the resident BS expert (don't think that sounds as good as I thought it would).

Anyway, I'm terrible at knowing the names of songs for any band, but when it comes to a Sabbath tune it's a lot harder, since all the titles sound like they could be the 'one' and there's a million of them.

I'm trying to learn the bendy riff that comes at the end of what I'm playing in this video, but don't know the name of the song. I'm trying to play it by memory, but it just ain't workin.

Sorry for the sound - the amp is pretty far away from my phone, but you'll get the picture.

First one to answer wins my respect - which is the monetary equivalent to roughly $0.06

I'll probably continue to post on this thread, because I find this happens to me way too much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice job, Nice to know there are some Sabbath fans on here!

Here's a little slab of Sabbath of my own to share:

Got some backing tracks on my channel as well, if anyone needs something to jam along with (Sabbath, Aerosmith, Nazareth etc.). Cheers!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I played the crap out of this LP in high school!!!

I scooped it off a friend. Well, actually it was in her moms collection. They didn't have a turntable but she had all these great original LP's. She "loaned" me this one. I couldn't get her "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" read by David Bowie on green vinyl though!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I played the crap out of this LP in high school!!!

I scooped it off a friend. Well, actually it was in her moms collection. They didn't have a turntable but she had all these great original LP's. She "loaned" me this one. I couldn't get her "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" read by David Bowie on green vinyl though!
From age 14-15 "Black Sabbath" Dominated!
In retrospect, my interest in guitar started to materialize, by 16 I was hooked...lol

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Probably my least favourite BS album. Too many songs go nowhere and too many songs have different riffs that never gel into a cohesive whole. I know I am in the minority because a lot of people love it, but too me it sounds tired.

TG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most Sabbath albums (SBS included) always seem to take me back to places and times in my teens, when I first discovered Sabbath. Much enjoyment indeed!

Here's a GBT I made for "A National Acrobat":

·
Premium Member
4,487 Posts
My Favorite album hands down is Sabotage. Every song on this album blows away all the "hits" from other albums. too bad nothing ever gets played on the rqadio unless it is am i going insane. Just once I'd love to hear the Writ on Psychedelic Psunday. I'm so sick of fairies wear boots and paranoid.

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Registered
485 Posts
Paranoid is one of the few Sabbath LP's I don't have on vinyl! Usually when all the Brother-in-laws are hanging out here, we gravitate to darts, and vinyl. They are so confused when they see all the Sabbath I have, but no Paranoid! My answer is always the same, "I'll buy it one day, but there are so many better ones to be collected first". My one B-I-L understands, but the others don't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Favorite album hands down is Sabotage. Every song on this album blows away all the "hits" from other albums. too bad nothing ever gets played on the rqadio unless it is am i going insane. Just once I'd love to hear the Writ on Psychedelic Psunday. I'm so sick of fairies wear boots and paranoid.
If you were in my neck of the woods, My cousin Chris plays The Writ with some regularity on his radio show (4pm to 10pm). He does a double shot of Sabbath every day (An Ozzy and a Dio tune back to back). I'm sure Hamilton would be too far out of range, but if you're ever in the Lake Simcoe area (GTA), check out 92.3 FM, Cheers!

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paranoid is one of the few Sabbath LP's I don't have on vinyl! Usually when all the Brother-in-laws are hanging out here, we gravitate to darts, and vinyl. They are so confused when they see all the Sabbath I have, but no Paranoid! My answer is always the same, "I'll buy it one day, but there are so many better ones to be collected first". My one B-I-L understands, but the others don't.
Yeah, as great as the tunes are, songs like Paranoid, Ironman, Sweet Leaf and maybe a couple of others get the button.

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
is that the native guy who broadcasts from the island? if it is, I LOVE HIS SHOW!!!! i wish it was streamed on the internet, because it's the best radio show out there. easily my fav dj

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
One of my faves - from the first BS 8-track (Vol 4) I bought with my own money.

Reactions: Adcandour
1 - 20 of 37 Posts