The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using a company but they dropped the ball so I am wondering if there are any other people using a US service for an American address and package forwarding?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean freight forwarding or simply receiving packages? I've recently started using CBIUSA and it's worked out nicely but they are not a freight forwarder. They receive and hold packages up to a year.
Yes I would also like the freight forwarding service.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Close to Ottawa as well. My old ff was on the west coast, so shipping was always pricy, plus they inflate the shipping and charge a fee.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
I've never used a forwarding service, But I live 30 minutes from the border, so I just shipped stuff to Can Am mailboxes and go once or twice a month to pick things up

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MyUSAddress will do that. Check out their web site.
I don't think they are as smooth as others. They call it PUSH NORTH. They charge $30 for that, to get your package across the border. Then they charge you more shipping.

So if you buy a pedal, the charges are way too much. Unless there is something I am missing...?

Again what I want is a USA address, they receive the package and then ship it USPS from there.
I had this before but they screwed me over. Plus they are on the far west coast, so it was always expensive to get from them to me.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
I'm trying this right now with the UPS store which is a Kinek point in Lewiston, NY. They are forwarding a package to my home address here in Canada. I'm still waiting for the parcel so don't know about the cost.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm trying this right now with the UPS store which is a Kinek point in Lewiston, NY. They are forwarding a package to my home address here in Canada. I'm still waiting for the parcel so don't know about the cost.
Problem with UPS is the brokerage fees they charge. If you use USPS (post) there are usually no fees, and if they do charge it is like $5.

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts
I don't think they are as smooth as others. They call it PUSH NORTH. They charge $30 for that, to get your package across the border. Then they charge you more shipping.

So if you buy a pedal, the charges are way too much. Unless there is something I am missing...?

Again what I want is a USA address, they receive the package and then ship it USPS from there.
I had this before but they screwed me over. Plus they are on the far west coast, so it was always expensive to get from them to me.
Oh sorry that won't work for you. I've never used that service. I just use them as a US address, have the vendor send the product to them and then I drive down to pick it up. I'm 45 min from the border.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Problem with UPS is the brokerage fees they charge. If you use USPS (post) there are usually no fees, and if they do charge it is like $5.
Kinek has stores along the border where you can ship items and pick them up for a $5 fee. There are 2 Kinek points that forward parcels to Canada and this UPS store is one of them. I expressed my concern about UPS's poor reputation regarding brokerage fee's to which they replied that 90% of their business is forwarding these parcels to Canada and their customers keep coming back time after time. I will see when I get my parcel and report back here.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
Kinek has stores along the border where you can ship items and pick them up for a $5 fee. There are 2 Kinek points that forward parcels to Canada and this UPS store is one of them. I expressed my concern about UPS's poor reputation regarding brokerage fee's to which they replied that 90% of their business is forwarding these parcels to Canada and their customers keep coming back time after time. I will see when I get my parcel and report back here.
I just got an email warning me that I'm gonna take a screwing when the UPS driver comes to my door today. I can pay online or wait for the driver. I'll let you know what the total cost was for forwarding this parcel using UPS when all is said and done.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found a ff call Stackery. Their fees and service is great, their mail prices seem high...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts