The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a guitar owned by my late father-in-law. The overall condition can only be described as terrible. It is very worn and the neck is slightly separating from the body. I cannot find any manufacturer's identification on it. The pick guard was obviously added at some point. Also, I have the attached photo of him holding a guitar sometime in the 1940's but I cannot see the wrap around metal string bridge but I am certain that this is the same guitar. Any comments or thoughts of a manufacturer?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Odd, I could see the pics earlier on my phone but not on the PC. Looks like a Stella/Kay/Sivertone, something like that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can still see the pics. Not sure what the problem is. The image url goes to google photos.

Phil

·
Registered
486 Posts
I can see the pics...

I'd agree with the guess of Kay.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
I believe you can see it if you are signed on to Google photos. Otherwise, it won't show.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe you can see it if you are signed on to Google photos. Otherwise, it won't show.
Got it. Is there another free photo hosting service that works on this forum which does not require viewers to be logged in?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess the small consensus is that it is a Stella or a Kay? Looking on-line (Harmony guitars database) I would say it looks most like a Stella by Harmony from the 1940's but there are also some early 1970's that are close.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Until I saw the photos I was going to be a smart ass and say it was an Air Guitar..... looks like an old Kay.
I have been searching but cannot find a Kay that is close to this one when looking at the bridge, pick guard and fret markers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts