The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean what is gonna be the beer of Guitars Canada? Well, if one of us comes up with something *earth shattering* in some kind of way, we're going to have to raise our glasses for a toast. Who's gonna buy the rounds sort of thing? Lots of good beer in Canada...

So what is it going to be? I'll start it out. Here's an example:

A round of "Rickards" on me! This guy is alright!

Well, it doesn't sound that cool. But a nice cold Rickards, especially the Red, is cool with me.

What's yours?:DevilGuitar:

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Deux d' Pic said:
I mean what is gonna be the beer of Guitars Canada? Well, if one of us comes up with something *earth shattering* in some kind of way, we're going to have to raise our glasses for a toast. Who's gonna buy the rounds sort of thing? Lots of good beer in Canada...

So what is it going to be? I'll start it out. Here's an example:

A round of "Rickards" on me! This guy is alright!

Well, it doesn't sound that cool. But a nice cold Rickards, especially the Red, is cool with me.

What's yours?:DevilGuitar:

I like scotch, but when I drink beer it's Canada's Sleeman's for me.. cream ale, honey brown, all of it

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
neither of those are good beers.

Killkenny, Guinness, Heinekin, Holsten, and Kokanee, if I want something light.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Xanadu said:
neither of those are good beers.

Killkenny, Guinness, Heinekin, Holsten, and Kokanee, if I want something light.
My bro came up and spent a few days with me last summer. Heinekein this and that, man you're paying over 20 bucks for a 12. C'mon. There's lots of good beer now on the market for under 15 bucks for 12.

I know I know, it's better beer yadee yadaa...:2guns: :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
There's two kinds of beer.

1. Guinness

2. All the rest that think they're real beer.

But, being a Newfoundlander, pretty much anything will do, but I generally prefer English & Irish brews in general (Guinness, Newcastle Brown, Caffery's, Smithwicks, Kilkenny, Double Diamond, etc.). I draw the line at a couple of local ale's though - Black Horse, Dominion, and Jockey Club are absolutely vile.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Kokanee??? That stuff tastes like cold vomit!!!

These are GOOD beers:

Black Wych
Bishop's Finger
Hobgoblin
Grolsch
Old Speckled Hen
Duckstein

Just to name a few.:)

...and of course the Smithwicks, Kilkenny, Newcastle Brown, Boddingtons, Guiness, Caffery's, etc, etc...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I Huff Paint said:
Kokanee??? That stuff tastes like cold vomit!!!

These are GOOD beers:

Black Wych
Bishop's Finger
Hobgoblin
Grolsch
Old Speckled Hen
Duckstein

Just to name a few.:)

...and of course the Smithwicks, Kilkenny, Newcastle Brown, Boddingtons, Guiness, Caffery's, etc, etc...

you mean grolsch tastes like cold vomit...with an aftertaste of crap.

·
Registered
526 Posts
guiness and all that are way too heavy for me..I'll go to a restaurant if I wanna get full...
I usually drink jack, but I have to go for beer, it's 1892 or india.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Of all the great beers here I drink corona...oh wait thats mexican :D If I cant get that than the sleemans, any of 'em :eek:

·
Registered
698 Posts
hoser said:
guiness and all that are way too heavy for me..I'll go to a restaurant if I wanna get full...
I usually drink jack, but I have to go for beer, it's 1892 or india.
Ah - India. The beer I choose when I go to a party & don't want anyone else snatching my beer. :D It's the only local beer with an animal on the label that I like.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
SCREEM said:
Of all the great beers here I drink corona...oh wait thats mexican :D If I cant get that than the sleemans, any of 'em :eek:
That's one of the few beers I don't drink, it tastes like mexican piss.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Xanadu said:
That's one of the few beers I don't drink, it tastes like mexican piss.
I don't know about mexican piss but I haven't found any mexican beer that i like. I'll drink Corona but only if it's the only thing available.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Back in the days (i grew up around Quebec City), when you ordered a beer, you could just say "molson" and you'd get an "ex". When I moved to Ontario, one of the first time I went out, I ordered a molson. He/she looked at me and said "molson what?"

The choices or beers were simpler back then (in Quebec anyways): molson (ex), laurentide, 50, brador or black label. There were others but these were the popular ones.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts