The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife 'cleaned up' my shop for me for Father's Day so I now have to go through a pile of little odds and ends that she has put on my desk. These are from guitars that didn't pass QC, or from R&D projects so some parts are good, some are pooched.

I am also trying to improve my photography skills, so here it is:

So anyone care to guess what this is and if it is pooched (I allready know btw). Pooched would simply mean that something is wrong with it and the repair would make it no longer like new.

So, what is it and what's wrong with it (if anything)?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Looks like an upside down shot of a saddle off a locking trem :oops: (I guess we cant say that anymore). I think the screw goes in the end and pushes the rectangular piece against the string to lock it.

J :smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was too easy.....

It is a bridge saddle from a floyd rose and it is pooched. There is a large bur that you can see if you follow the string slot back to where it would meet the string block. Not only did this piece break strings, but it had the added bonus of not allowing the block to sit flush and the string would pop out as a result.

This can be fixed easy enough with a file, but the finish would be chewed so it won't look new anymore. The torque screw is not shown in the picture.

·
Registered
561 Posts
It's a stripped Floyd Rose Nut....but will function perfectly as a string clamp in order to solder the ball ends so that a Kahler becomes semi usable :mad: (otherwise the twists unwind).

Weren't the eighties great?, no wonder there was so much coke.....I actually like a good wank on a floyd rose once in a while.

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts