The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been up and down and unreachable the last couple of weeks?

Home page is blank?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ windows 7, internet exploder 11, never had issues before? how are you accessing?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I google search Guitars Canada and try to access this site, it is no go to the home page, but if I bookmark the forums tab I can get back here through favorites?

Seems like a internet DNS issue is happening?

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
when did it become "the canadian guitar forum"? i always thought it was "guitars canada" like url
This clarity is very important. When this forum finally collapses, we will all need to know to access GCFRI.com (which I own; or if anyone has a spare $40-50K lying around, GCRI.com is up for your grabs, which I do not own). GCFRI = Guitars Canada Forum Reissue, per the pattern set by TDPRI.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not receiving new notifications anymore from my inbox to my email account! This is important when selling items

Checked all my settings and should be receiving notifications

This forum is starting to disappoint me. B#(*

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Not receiving new notifications anymore from my inbox to my email account! This is important when selling items

Checked all my settings and should be receiving notifications

This forum is starting to disappoint me. B#(*
I have f been getting them for 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Receive email when a new conversation message is received

Email notifications for new conversations, replies to existing conversations, and being added to an existing conversation.

Option checked and no workie! :rolleyes: B#(*

·
Premium Member
13,076 Posts
Receive email when a new conversation message is received
Email notifications for new conversations, replies to existing conversations, and being added to an existing conversation.
Option checked and no workie! :rolleyes: B#(*
Contact the site administrator - @GCAdmin1

Reactions: greco

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I’ve sent a direct note to VerticalScope drawing their attention to this discussion. I was hesitant to do that before because that email is for “site down” situations and I don’t want to “cry wolf” too many times, but the admins have ignored this issue long enough, so sent ...

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Well, as a still active member and moderator of a French forum created in Montreal but opened to all francophones, I can tell you there is probably only me and a French fine guitar player still active there. I suspect the other visitors are accidental visitors to subjects formerly referenced on the net.
The administration opened pages on facebook and tweeter as requested by some members some years ago and that seemed to kill the forum, but as I went on facebook to witness how it was going there, I can say it was poorer than you can imagine !
We used to send a short private message announcing new stuffed subjects (new videos from members, articles, analysis and reviews) to all registered members every season which resulted each time in a small boost of visitors. As we do not produce much stuff anymore, we did not send any mass announcement for at least a year now.
As I also went on some other forums, it seems to me all forums got old, sick and in danger of dying.
Did everyone start its own YouTube page to get rich ? Well, maybe new YouTube rules rejecting most of them will bring some down to earth... and on forums, I do not know...

But this point to the question : What are you looking for on a forum ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts