The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in this morning edition of "La Presse" that the group would have lost support from the music and show industry apparently because of misconduct allegations...
Is this fake news ?!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I don't follow the band, but I read this morning that the opening act for the show last night backed out and that their management group quit. Pretty radical moves for fake news.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I don't follow the band, but I read this morning that the opening act for the show last night backed out and that their management group quit. Pretty radical moves for fake news.
IF is is fake news. Serious allegations. I hope they investigate thouroughly

·
Premium Member
8,564 Posts
I personally know about this, and all I can say is....nothing at this time.

Edit: on second thought, I think I can say something if it's true: they sent a limo for my underage niece and her friend years ago for a concert. And, based on the discussion I had with my niece and her friend, if Hedley wanted to screw an underager, he easily could have. Whether or not he did...I have no idea. Pretty inappropriate for an uncle to ask about things like this.

Sounds like my niece's friend (I'm hoping not my niece) got a "lobster dinner", if that makes sense. So, I suppose you could assume.

·
Premium Member
5,672 Posts
All that really doesn't sound good for the band. You can't hide that kind of behavior forever, it's going to come & bite you at some point.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Imagine that. A rock band (albeit, a pop rock band), being involved (allegedly) with sex and drugs. Who could see that coming? Has that ever happened before?

·
Premium Member
25,178 Posts
1) I doubt that there would be many protests at Jerry Lee Lewis concerts, or that any awards he has received would be withdrawn.
2) Folks should probably watch the film "Almost Famous" or read one of the various groupie memoirs like that of Pamela Des Barres.

I say this not to excuse anyone - people do reprehensible things when they're wasted or think they're deserving - but if one is going to come down hard on Hedley for past misdeeds, and wish to be consistent, then you're going to have a very long line of people to work your way through, likely including some who are knighted or have other high honours bestowed.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
1) I doubt that there would be many protests at Jerry Lee Lewis concerts, or that any awards he has received would be withdrawn.
2) Folks should probably watch the film "Almost Famous" or read one of the various groupie memoirs like that of Pamela Des Barres.

I say this not to excuse anyone - people do reprehensible things when they're wasted or think they're deserving - but if one is going to come down hard on Hedley for past misdeeds, and wish to be consistent, then you're going to have a very long line of people to work your way through, likely including some who are knighted or have other high honours bestowed.
Making the world a safe, responisble place is a slippery slope.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I hope, solely for the sake of the girls involved, these are not true, or widely over exaggerated. As for the band.... meh!

These guys could easily disappear from the whole recording industry, (or face of the earth) and I probably wouldn't notice. I was in sales a long time ago, and during visits to stores and restaurants I was subjecting to their... "music". It is God awful! The lead singer is a Adam Levine wanna-be. But why would you want to be?? "He's a Harley Davidson guy, in a Moped band"

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
At first i thought it was a harsh move by their management...but, in the whole #metoo world, i dont think anyone has anyones back when it comes to allegations like this...but, also as these stories have been around for some time, maybe their management is just done dealing with it

After looking at 'lobster dinner' on urban dictionary...i hope its not the same thing @adcandour

I have absolutely no idea what any of Hedleys songs are...and if it werent for them coming through here every year, id forgoet about them too

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
I've had several guitar students interested in learning Hedley songs, all young to mid teens. I guess now I have a better excuse to refuse them.

Times change, and behaviour, acceptance, and tolerance with them. In this day in age, folks should recognize they can't get away with the shit the rockers of history enjoyed. Hedley were risk takers and they failed. It might just assure them a footnote in the history of popular [sic] music.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts