The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to tag him in a post and noticed he's not here anymore? Takes a lot to get banned from here, did he finally manage?

·
Registered
11,261 Posts
I was about to say summer hiatus but it does seem like he’s no longer listed here. Maybe he’s on to something....

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was about to say summer hiatus but it does seem like he’s no longer listed here. Maybe he’s on to something....
Reached his amp limit maybe?

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the good shit happens in the Politics subforum. That was the scene of the crime.
I didn't think that place had rules? Now I'm curious, shoot me a PM if you care to share :)

Reactions: Distortion

·
Premium Member
11,867 Posts
That place is the worst part of this forum. What happened?
Depends on perspective, I guess. He had a bit of a 'disagreement' about childhood inoculations, I think. Some things were edited/removed before I caught the entire thread.

I thought the entire purpose of the political forum was to confine more controversial and potentially argumentative conversations to an area the was LESS regulated.
Yep, that's what it is. So surprising that things get/got heated to a boiling point? It's a good place to take things with a grain of salt and 'water off a ducks back'. IME.

Reactions: Lola
P

·
0 Posts
No he decided to leave the forum as he found it was sucking and negative. His name was changed to gone fishin' I think.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
L

·
0 Posts
childhood inoculations
That's the thread.
The admin misunderstood my request repeatedly (to be fair, I didn't know the terminology). It's almost absurd how difficult admin was making it:

copied and pasted:

Me - "Hi, I'm wondering if you can close my account please. Obviously, I do not expect my posts removed. Thanks."

Admin - "How much do you want me to close? I can remove the email on file, turn the account into a "Guest" account, and edit out any personal info. All that or just some?

Me - "Just make it so that there is no more adcandour please. You can just ban me, if that makes things easier. Thanks."

Admin - "Banning would leave the name in place. I've just done the name change. Would you like the account deactivated too, or was the goal to just hide the name?"

Me (in my head) - "Jesus CHRIST, man".

Anyway, this delay helped me realize that I should still use the account for selling shit. and, Lexm3 buys most of my stuff anyway...

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Well, that's a stupid name! @ICantMakeUpMyFuckingMindWhatAmpIsTheBest would be more fitting wouldn't it?
He seemed to have a pretty good sense of humour and I'm pretty sure he would have laughed at that one!

·
Premium Member
9,746 Posts
the vaxxing discussion got the better of him and some other posters.
I suspect he'll be back.
a break is good now and then....helps keep things in perspective.

·
Premium Member
9,746 Posts
I thought the entire purpose of the political forum was to confine more controversial and potentially argumentative conversations to an area the was LESS regulated.
Depends on perspective, I guess. He had a bit of a 'disagreement' about childhood inoculations, I think. Some things were edited/removed before I caught the entire thread.

Yep, that's what it is. So surprising that things get/got heated to a boiling point? It's a good place to take things with a grain of salt and 'water off a ducks back'. IME.
some ppl treat the"discussions" like a movie drama murder trial cross-examination.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts