The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You used to see people using them all the time. I don't think I've seen anyone on them in at least 15 years.

I never owned a pair.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I haven't had a pair in a long, long time. I used to be a certified instructor and give lessons when they were very popular. I actually made some half-decent extra money during their peak popularity.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Actually my roller blades were put away as of my last major surgery. My doctor does not encourage my falling down anymore - something I did often on roller blades :)

·
Premium Member
11,675 Posts
Loved the idea but never owned any.

There's a couple of Mennonite girls I've seen in full traditional garb plus skates, skating down highway 21 between Tiverton and Kincardine Ontario a number of times.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Loved the idea but never owned any.

There's a couple of Mennonite girls I've seen in full traditional garb plus skates, skating down highway 21 between Tiverton and Kincardine Ontario a number of times.
And were they drinking Tim Horton's Ice Caps?

Every time I see Mennonites, they're drinking Ice Caps.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,427 Posts
Friend of mine was roller blading with his daughter quite a few years ago. He fell and broke his wrist. He was a very good guitar player could play most of Martin Barr’s solos note for note. After breaking his wrist he never had the same mobility again. He could still play but who needs that shit.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
They are all in Value Village. I would say skate boards and long boards have replaced them. I have a pair I use for cross country ski training prior to the season. I really should get at that .

1 - 20 of 40 Posts