The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems to be some sort of narly fuzz wah, something obscure I'm sure, does anyone know or have a good guess? I have a youtube clip cued up,... you can see lights, top jacks, it appears square-ish with possibly some knobs out top front.

edit- I have found references to the Shin Ei Fuzz Wah but the visuals don't match up

·
Registered
326 Posts
It seems to be some sort of narly fuzz wah, something obscure I'm sure, does anyone know or have a good guess? I have a youtube clip cued up,... you can see lights, top jacks, it appears square-ish with possibly some knobs out top front.

edit- I have found references to the Shin Ei Fuzz Wah but the visuals don't match up
Wtf was that? I’m regretting listening.

·
Premium Member
25,163 Posts
Two things tokeep in mind:

1) What gets called "Shin-Ei" can often be pretty much the same circuit, but marketted under a different brand name There were more Superfuzz variants at the time than you can shake a stick at.

2) What was characteristic of all those fuzz-wah pedals, regardless of what the label said, was that the fuzz was hard-wired to come before the wah. That made for a more pronounced filtering effect than sticking the wah first.

But yeah, it sure sounds chaotic enough to be a Superfuzz.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts