300 Posts
some situations i can deal with using words
some situations i can deal with using technical drawings
the rest of my experience i can deal with using music
j

·
Premium Member
11,108 Posts
Music has been my life. I almost failed grade six music because I wouldn't open my mouth to sing or participate in class. If I sang I got beat up on the school yard. If I fought back I was punished by admin. Three years later music was cool. Go figure.

I've made my living in music for 20+ years, more or less full time, and intermittently for the previous 25 years, but I haven't been bullied for it since elementary school.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I would say "leisure time elation", yeah !

·
Registered
14,125 Posts
Music has been my life. I almost failed grade six music because I wouldn't open my mouth to sing or participate in class. If I sang I got beat up on the school yard. If I fought back I was punished by admin. Three years later music was cool. Go figure.

I've made my living in music for 20+ years, more or less full time, and intermittently for the previous 25 years, but I haven't been bullied for it since elementary school.
I failed recorder in gr 2 or 3 and trumpet in gr 8....that was about it for school.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Been playing pretty much all my life and that's that.

Looking for a meaning would just put a limit on it.

·
Registered
14,948 Posts
Well I once heard music defined as an intentional series of sounds & silences-intended to be music.
Which kind of fits--but may not cover it all.
And music is in the ear of the be hearer so to speak.

To me personally?
Music is a good thing-it helps deal with negative emotions and stuff like that.
It helps elevate the good things.
It's individual and communal.
If I'm the only one who likes the music--no problem.
If others do too, cool.

It ties in with so much of what we do.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
I’ve been thinking about this for two days now. I don’t have words to express what music means to me. I don’t think it can be put into words. I know I like it. I know it’s important to me. It’s a way to express emotion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, 'Is there a meaning to music?' My answer would be, 'Yes.' And 'Can you state in so many words what the meaning is?' My answer to that would be, 'No.'
Aaron Copland (1900 - 1990)

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
It's a vehicle for my spirit. Whatever the fuck that means. Comfort, emotion, tendencies, articulation, consideration, health, escape, my very soul.

Either that or it's just something I like a hella lot. You decide.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Music Mean To You?

Music is not mean to me.:)

Reactions: player99
1 - 20 of 23 Posts