The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this ad for a gay/lesbian jewelry store...just curious what that has to do with guitars

now for some out of place smiley faces:

:oops: :2guns: Drool

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
GuitaristZ said:
I just saw this ad for a gay/lesbian jewelry store...just curious what that has to do with guitars

now for some out of place smiley faces:

:oops: :2guns: Drool

LOL. That thing has been popping up for quite a while now. Scott's been trying to fight it but with no luck. Somehow they've added the right keywords that matches GuitarsCanada.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well, this thread having the words "gay" and "lesbian" in it sure isn't going to help. But really, who cares? The ads aren't going to make anyone gay. Haha.

The only unfortunate thing about it is that the jewlery place is paying for targeted ads that aren't reaching their desired audience. Total waste of money for them.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
nine said:
The only unfortunate thing about it is that the jewlery place is paying for targeted ads that aren't reaching their desired audience. Total waste of money for them.
I wouldn't doubt that the advertiser is keyword stuffing. They only pay when someone actually clicks on the add. So maybe we can drive them out of business by everyone starts clicking on the add when we see it. They are willing to pay more per click than actual guitar related sites so clicks will cost them.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
I wouldn't doubt that the advertiser is keyword stuffing. They only pay when someone actually clicks on the add. So maybe we can drive them out of business by everyone starts clicking on the add when we see it. They are willing to pay more per click than actual guitar related sites so clicks will cost them.

I agree that they're probably keyword stuffing (everyone does...), but really doubt that a gay-oriented site is trying to advertise on a guitar site on purpose. Thier bad stuffing job is just a waste of their money. Poor dudes. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, I guess. Haha.

And no, I'm not saying that gays are going to hell. :wave:

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:

Believe it or not, that would probably work. Google has a function where you can add an advertisers website to the block list, I have done that in every way possible but these keep getting through for some reason. Not that I have anything against them personally, it just has no relevance to our site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts