The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
You're still house-hunting? Your standards must be very high.

This place sold in 2017 for $5M, which seems low to me. Given the market in the past couple of years, I'd *guess* (not an expert) that you'd pay 50% more now.

Pocket change for you. Make up your mind and do a deal.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
You're still house-hunting? Your standards must be very high.
You kidding me? In Toronto with the bidding wars and the underliating and having to put unconditional offers in, you can be at it for years. We lucked out so hard ourselves. Couldnt afford to buy in now. Took is a while as it was.

And I seriously doubt it would be 50 percent more a mere year and change later. I guess it depends on the supply and demand in that bracket, which i know nothing about, but I don't see it being more competative than the more affordable range of housing which isn't moving half that fast pricewise.

It blew my mind when a neighboring house sold for 1.5 mil a few years back ( much bigger and newer than mine, and detached).

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I live on the South Kingsway which is the wrong side of the tracks compared to that place but even the price of a condo here is through the fucking roof. It’s an ok area though and right by the Gardner so don’t have to drive through shitty areas to get in or out just on the highway and gone.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
You kidding me? In Toronto with the bidding wars and the underliating and having to put unconditional offers in, you can be at it for years. We lucked out so hard ourselves. Couldnt afford to buy in now. Took is a while as it was.

And I seriously doubt it would be 50 percent more a mere year and change later. I guess it depends on the supply and demand in that bracket, which i know nothing about, but I don't see it being more competative than the more affordable range of housing which isn't moving half that fast pricewise.

It blew my mind when a neighboring house sold for 1.5 mil a few years back ( much bigger and newer than mine, and detached).
Perhaps you don't know that @butterknucket has started a number of threads about very high-priced houses. I don't believe that he's shopping for one; he says that above. My chiding him to settle down and buy one was a joke.

As for price inflation, I'm not an expert and it's apparent that you're not either, but a house in the chic and desirable Kingsway area backing onto a golf course might have increased 50% in a couple of years. I know that houses in Newmarket - certainly not chic - gained 30% in that period.

P

·
0 Posts
More of a Church Of Scientology retreat for high end indoctrinates than a home. Cold and hard and angular with sharp corners.

·
Premium Member
10,937 Posts
I couldn't live that close to a golf course. Nor could I live in Toronto.

Seriously, if I could afford that house, I wouldn't own it. Instead, I'd build a more practical layout on a couple of hundred acres of mixed bush and meadow with a large pond and huge gardens...a very long way from the city.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I agree with all the "cold" and "commercial" comments. Looks like a hitech office.

There is a total lack of colour. Nothing that isn't aggressively neutral. On the other hand the use of wood and stone is okay.

For a house of this $$$, I want an acreage. They hide it, but the lot is too small for the house. Like here is my weekend place. Enjoy!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I will stay where I am.
i have done the Toronto thing and it is not for me.

t

t

P

·
0 Posts
I agree with all the "cold" and "commercial" comments. Looks like a hitech office.

There is a total lack of colour. Nothing that isn't aggressively neutral. On the other hand the use of wood and stone is okay.

For a house of this $$$, I want an acreage. They hide it, but the lot is too small for the house. Like here is my weekend place. Enjoy!

Tennis courts need high fencing.

·
Premium Member
13,023 Posts
@JazzyT My daughter and family live in Kelowna. Bought a house there a year ago. That design of house looks popular there. They have a nice place on a microlot. She wants me to move there but given that the vacancy in Kelowna is about the lowest in the country, under 1%, and Edmonton is 6.2%, I have no intention of going anywhere for a while. View from their deck

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
@JazzyT My daughter and family live in Kelowna. Bought a house there a year ago. That design of house looks popular there. They have a nice place on a microlot. She wants me to move there but given that the vacancy in Kelowna is about the lowest in the country, under 1%, and Edmonton is 6.2%, I have no intention of going anywhere for a while. View from their deck

Nice! My real house is tucked into the lower right-hand corner of that pic.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I dig it. We have 2 or 3 houses in our neighbourhood that have similar styling. If I had the money I'd knock down my 1959 side split and build one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts