The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think of The STRATosphere for parts and service ,and price.

I always see them on e-bay.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
For the price they sell some of their bodies and necks, you could get two CIJ Fender guitars shipped to you from Japan for what it would cost you to build your own guitar using those parts. The more affordable necks and bodies are from MIM guitars, but it think it would be cheaper to just buy a complete guitar.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
They part out their guitars, That is BLASPHEMY !! :D

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I have bought 2 green strat pickguards new with the plastic still on for about 60 percent of what I would have paid locally. As well, I bought a Japanese 57 reissue strat neck with a huge maple grain from them at a very good price
(225 US). The first neck got lost in the mail and they replaced it, no questions asked. My dealings have been great.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have bought 2 green strat pickguards new with the plastic still on for about 60 percent of what I would have paid locally. As well, I bought a Japanese 57 reissue strat neck with a huge maple grain from them at a very good price
(225 US). The first neck got lost in the mail and they replaced it, no questions asked. My dealings have been great.
I'll admit, they have good deals on some parts, but if you want a guitar, it would be better to buy a complete one instead.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I've bought a pick guard and a couple of trem arms. My experience has been great so far.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/davestp1/?action=view&current=IMG_0420.jpg

The neck and pickguard on the maple neck strat on the left came from them. The pots/switch/strap knobs I bought new from a local fender dealer, the plastic I had, the body I had. The fralin blues specials and the tremolo assembly came from a used sale in TO. The guitar cost me about 500 dollars canadian and is the guitar I play the most. I am not sure if I agree or disagree with the philosophy of what they do, but if people don't like what the Stratosphere does, they don't have to buy.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I recommend. I've purchased an american strat bridge from them. I remember them having great parts & prices.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts