The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some photos done Sunday at rehearsal since I joined the band a few weeks ago and they needed to update the webpage and posters etc..

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Nice pictures except for the fact I always find it hokey having band promo pics with instruments. Especially drummers.

·
Premium Member
16,506 Posts
Nice pictures except for the fact I always find it hokey having band promo pics with instruments. Especially drummers.

Sorry but I have to agree.

I like the backgrounds and the shots look good, but holding the instruments isn't the look I would go for myself.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We took about 50-60 pictures, and every one, the band wanted instruments in the pics. First time I've ever done band pictures with instruments myself.

·
Registered
748 Posts
A few of our current photos...
We're looking to update, as we've recently changed our drummer.

Finally, our most recently shot press photo with the new drummer... This will be replaced in a few months when we get some more cash.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
A few of our current photos...
We're looking to update, as we've recently changed our drummer.

Finally, our most recently shot press photo with the new drummer... This will be replaced in a few months when we get some more cash.

Maybe its just me, but I find those first 3 are pretty lame. Last one is better, but I'd go with your live pics from the other thread before I'd go with any of these.

I

·
0 Posts
flashPUNK: I like the last one best (the pissing on the trees has been done, done, done -- please tell me you didn't pay someone to come up with that shot!) but you guys look too happy.

james on bass: I like the last one best because I think it would crop nicely into a square format. I prefer square format photos. I think they place a little nicer. Either that or golden rectangles. And yea, I would have ditched the instruments too and tried to keep it belt line and above but oh well.

But I'm a freak when it comes to photographs, especially band shots.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Had some photos done Sunday at rehearsal since I joined the band a few weeks ago and they needed to update the webpage and posters etc..

Band pictures are often a difficult thing to do. I like the pictures although I agree with what's been said so far about band pictures with instruments. Standing in a field or by an old bus holding your instruments, I'd say that you guys are a wholesome (mellow?) good bunch of guys playing blues or country music? Is that what you're trying to convey? Maybe that same shot behind the bus but with the drummer sitting behind a little drumset on the back step and the rest of you standing on the ground looking like you're playing a song might add a fun element to it. That seems to be the appealing thing about stage pictures: playing and having fun.

But musicians can be "a little" too critical sometimes. Remember that the average folk will only glimpe at the picture and the rest of the poster. These are good shots.

·
Premium Member
9,712 Posts
Maybe its just me, but I find those first 3 are pretty lame. Last one is better, but I'd go with your live pics from the other thread before I'd go with any of these.
I like all of these except for the 2nd (pissing). Its been done, and not that funny.
Good photographer though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Band pics are just so hard to do without sucking badly. Have to agree with the statement that 99% of band photos are terrible. I know that I've certainly been guilty of conceptualizing pure crap.

I always keep this in the back of my mind: what would the dude from "rock and roll confidential" douchebag hall of fame write as a caption for this picture?

IN response to the original post, I like the first one the best, but the instruments have got to go. At least Photoshop out the fuzzy grass in the foreground in front of the drummer...it's distracting.

DD

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
We took about 50-60 pictures, and every one, the band wanted instruments in the pics. First time I've ever done band pictures with instruments myself.
Needs more cowbell :rockon2:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am sorry man but get rid of the guitars and drum does not go well out side i mean no amps how do you hear over the drum lol. but still a good idea

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Band photos in general suck. Are they even necessary? If you can avoid them, do.

That Divorcees poster looks cool. The jumping guys? ...not so much.

Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts