The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'd try to find something similar locally. With taxes, and probably customs and those pesky brokrage fees from UPS/FedEx, it will come out to a lot more.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I "won" one from EBAY.

I really like it, my brother in law liked it so he bought one from the same fellow.

check out the washburn forums

for $95.00 USD ( higher rate then), added a washburn gigbag and including shipping (USPS ) it came to about $250.00 CAD.

I couldn't find one here in Canada, and none of the Washburn dealers I contacted ever returned my calls or emails.

If you like PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Try the Epiphone Dots... they're more expensive but most of the ones that I've tried have been decent or better.
+1 I wouldn't buy that guitar as I have read a lot of nasty things about them.It might be ok or it might not and because you are buying on line its a crap shoot on this guitar.
On another forum I frequent a number of Americans bought it and returned it due to flaws bad sound etc, it would be a nightmare to return it as a Canadian.
I have heard only good things about the guitar Jane suggests.

YMMV

·
Registered
87 Posts
Epi all the way

I owned a OE-40 by Oscar Schmidt - a piece of crap! Dumped it within six months. The guitar suffered from incredable feedback ( a common hollowbody problem) and the hardware was of cheap quality. The next hollowbody I bought was an Epi ES-335 what a difference! Not perfect but everything works well.

bogoboy

·
Registered
365 Posts
^^ Yeah that's a good point. I haven't played the guitar you linked, but it most likely would be replaced eventually. If you spend a bit more money on a Epiphone ES-335 or even an Ibanez Artcore, it could last you a while (especially if you upgrade them).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.