The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'd try to find something similar locally. With taxes, and probably customs and those pesky brokrage fees from UPS/FedEx, it will come out to a lot more.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'd try to find something similar locally. With taxes, and probably customs and those pesky brokrage fees from UPS/FedEx, it will come out to a lot more.
+1

Those fees will crank that price up to one where you could have got something locally and probably better quality.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1

Those fees will crank that price up to one where you could have got something locally and probably better quality.
yeah, i'm going to be going to long and mcquade this week. im going to get some pedals and maybe look for a nice cheap guitar.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I "won" one from EBAY.

I really like it, my brother in law liked it so he bought one from the same fellow.

check out the washburn forums

for $95.00 USD ( higher rate then), added a washburn gigbag and including shipping (USPS ) it came to about $250.00 CAD.

I couldn't find one here in Canada, and none of the Washburn dealers I contacted ever returned my calls or emails.

If you like PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Try the Epiphone Dots... they're more expensive but most of the ones that I've tried have been decent or better.

·
Premium Member
16,958 Posts
if you want a really nice hollowbody, pick up a jay turser. they're $300 abouts, maybe $350.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Try the Epiphone Dots... they're more expensive but most of the ones that I've tried have been decent or better.
+1 I wouldn't buy that guitar as I have read a lot of nasty things about them.It might be ok or it might not and because you are buying on line its a crap shoot on this guitar.
On another forum I frequent a number of Americans bought it and returned it due to flaws bad sound etc, it would be a nightmare to return it as a Canadian.
I have heard only good things about the guitar Jane suggests.

YMMV

·
Registered
87 Posts
Epi all the way

I owned a OE-40 by Oscar Schmidt - a piece of crap! Dumped it within six months. The guitar suffered from incredable feedback ( a common hollowbody problem) and the hardware was of cheap quality. The next hollowbody I bought was an Epi ES-335 what a difference! Not perfect but everything works well.

bogoboy

·
Registered
365 Posts
^^ Yeah that's a good point. I haven't played the guitar you linked, but it most likely would be replaced eventually. If you spend a bit more money on a Epiphone ES-335 or even an Ibanez Artcore, it could last you a while (especially if you upgrade them).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts