The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im referring to brass instruments, wind instruments, etc. Basically the stuff you played in school band when you were a kid, etc.

I played/play Alto Sax. I took it for a couple years, and learned to sight read on the treble clef really fast haha.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I played Tenor and Alto sax in school, and took a trumpet home every summer. Wouldn't mind picking it up again.

I

·
0 Posts
I started on trumpet in the Cadet Corp while I was waiting for a spot on the drum line to free up...

·
Premium Member
13,039 Posts
Alto sax - four years in High School. The last year and a half in the band along with the guitar. That was before the members of Green Day were born.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I played clarinet when I was younger, alto and tenor sax in grade 7-9, and bass and flute in grade 10.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I played the clarinet in grade 8 but by the end of the year I started hating it and I took drama next year instead. If I had taken something like a saxophone or trumpet I might have stuck with it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I played flute in gr 10 and 11. One of these days I'll have to buy one and learn to play it again.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Alto sax in junior high band. I was pretty good too, but there's just not enough overdrive in those things. :food-smiley-004:

I had a great idea a while back: Find three to five of the hottest female 18-year-old high school band graduates that gig money can buy, and turn my weekend rock trio into a 6 to 8 piece R&B / swing outfit by adding a full horn section. Loads of commercial potential there, methinks... But for some reason my wife didn't like the idea :wave:

·
Registered
136 Posts
elementary school = violin, viola and cello
senior public = cello, double bass and tuba
high school = tuba (sousaphone), baritone, plus learned to play a bit of almost everything else just for the he77 of it. Could never play a double-reed though

'course - the only reason I played in the band in high school was so I could continue playing electric bass in my HS's travelling stage (jazz) band

C

·
0 Posts
I decided I would played flute through high-school cause the flute section was all-girl until I got there, so my odds were fantastic....

And flutists are the BEST kissers.

Drool

(It's the same reason I spent a lot of the same years as a dancer.... I was the ONLY straight male in a close-quarters-sea of young, talented, gorgeous, flexible and scantily-clad women! But the guys on the football team called -ME- GAY?!?! They were out chasing each other around, jumping into all male piles in muddy fields, and pumping each other in the gym.)

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I decided I would played flute through high-school cause the flute section was all-girl until I got there, so my odds were fantastic....
And flutists are the BEST kissers.
Drool
(It's the same reason I spent a lot of the same years as a dancer.... I was the ONLY straight male in a close-quarters-sea of young, talented, gorgeous, flexible and scantily-clad women! But the guys on the football team called -ME- GAY?!?! They were out chasing each other around, jumping into all male piles in muddy fields, and pumping each other in the gym.)

...:D.....:D...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:food-smiley-004:

-dh

·
Registered
597 Posts
It's the same reason I spent a lot of the same years as a dancer.... I was the ONLY straight male in a close-quarters-sea of young, talented, gorgeous, flexible and scantily-clad women! But the guys on the football team called -ME- GAY?!?! They were out chasing each other around, jumping into all male piles in muddy fields, and pumping each other in the gym.)
Ah ha ha!!! Hilarious when you put it that way. Still, high school chicks appear to dig football players more than flute playing male dancers. The mysteries of life.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts