The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lots of pedals, but a small number of them are my favorites. Here are my favorites:

Barber Burn Unit (dual overdrive)
Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe (compressor)
Strymon Timeline (delay)
Fultone Clyde Deluxe (wah)
Rim Rock Lil Mo and/or Aluminum Falcon II (Klon klone overdrives)

What are yours?

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
Do I have to own them or merely love what they did?

Favourite pedals I have (had), in no particular order:

Fulltone OCD
Strymon Big Sky
Diamond memory lane jr

One of my favourite pedals to use however is the Dr. Scientist bitquest. That thing brought many epic moments to tracking LP3.

·
Registered
24,661 Posts
I fixed a couple pedals for a guitarist neighbour two weeks back. One of them was an old blue MXR 6-band EQ. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed and missed the one I used to have in the 70's. Makes a great OD pedal.

I very much like the Pearl PH-44 phaser I picked up used. Has ramp-up/ramp-down. I really liked the old Univox compressor I had at the same time as my blue 6-band, and like the clone I made for myself recently every bit as much. I'm just exploring it now, in the free moments I have between building and yardwork, but I think the Chase Bliss Condor I was gifted with will continue to grow on me.

Still up in the air is a PAiA flanger I started building in 1992 and hope to finish this year. It should have an amazing sound, but I have to stop yielding to distractions to know that for sure.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
This is a bit of a Cop out but... The best pedals are always whatever is on my board. A few on there that aren't going anywhere any time soon though are a Big Box DMM and a BJFE Honeybee!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I really wasn't sure whether the $100-ish I spent on this (used) would pay off, but it has turned out to be my most trusted and useful pedal, bar none.

mxr-mc401-boost-line-driver-00-xl.jpg

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
For my purposes:

Visual Sound Garagetone Axle Grease. Killer analog delay tones at a low price. I've yet to find a delay to replace it as my #1.

Boss CS3. It twangs, I twang.

I really miss my 1983 Small Stone phaser. The one that got away.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
No longer own
Original orange Fulldrive purchased directly from Mike Fuller
Original FoxRox Paradox TZF flanger
Still Own it
Big Muff v4 - amazing muff
Loco Box Cosmo Chorus - my favourite chorus pedal
Spontaneous Audio Devices Son of Kong - incredible clean boost, parametric EQ, direct box and more

·
Registered
24,661 Posts
Here's the companion question to what started the thread: WHY are these your "best" pedals? Is it because of what they do that's different, or how they differentiate you, sonicly,from other players? Because they absolutely nail a sound you like? Because of their versatility? Because they are reliable and never let you down or disappoint? Because they are "immune" to other changes in equipment? Because they were an absolute bargain?

It doesn't have to be one of these, and your individual choices could be for any constellation of reasons. I'm just curious about why people's bond with a given pedal is somehow "special"in their eyes.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts