The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
7021 - 7040 of 7071 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I borrowed this thread concept from fellow forum member Jim Soloway. It's a good way to get some new music suggestions.

Right now: Scott Henderson - Vibe Station

First 10 seconds reminds me of a song on “Blow by Blow” from Jeff Beck.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
“ i can hardly see what’s in front of me cuz the vodka is running on empty, I can’t stay sober if it’s over”
I absolutely love this song and is probably my favourite song on the album. It’s just haunting lyrically and the swells on top of everything!

·
Registered
370 Posts
“ i can hardly see what’s in front of me cuz the vodka is running on empty, I can’t stay sober if it’s over”
I absolutely love this song and is probably my favourite song on the album. It’s just haunting lyrically and the swells on top of everything!
whoa Jared, that is some bad.
I think it's stuff like this that made rock painfully uncool in the postmillennial years. Though I can appreciate someone gathering some meaning from it, like you might. Radio-rock is perpetually stuck in the land of diminishing returns and this is a fine example of that.

·
Registered
370 Posts

I guess this is why rock music began side-shifting towards emo/indie/punk shambolism after 2000's; it's a perfect mess to digress into; platforming ruminations on broken treatises of teenage angst.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
whoa Jared, that is some bad.
I think it's stuff like this that made rock painfully uncool in the postmillennial years. Though I can appreciate someone gathering some meaning from it, like you might. Radio-rock is perpetually stuck in the land of diminishing returns and this is a fine example of that.
Ii remember my first time listening to the album “extreme behaviour “ the name of the album fits perfectly with the first track “get stoned” it’s plain to see what the album was about and why there was an advisory label on it

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ii remember my first time listening to the album “extreme behaviour “ the name of the album fits perfectly with the first track “get stoned” it’s plain to see what the album was about and why there was an advisory label on it
I definitely get the context. I grew up in the Nu-metal era and it was hard to deny the sensationalism and posturing of all that late 90's and early 2000's "alternative rock". I was into the 1st and 2nd wave of Nu-metal bands, but I had missed the grunge train and so I don't think I ever developed a taste for post-grunge bands (the ones with the Vedder-style hard "country" vocals)... I guess all those guys grew up on was "Alternica" and grunge aggression...James Hetfield? more like Jerry Seinfeld amirite?

·
Registered
370 Posts
is it weird that in the post 2000's Japanese "visual-kei" bands have picked up the nu-metal baton and ran to the hills with it? Doing it pretty convincingly with chops to spare.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can never ever get enough of this. Listening to the whole album would be your best bet, preferably on spotify or the like... or I can send you the CD? But if you do not have the time maybe just listen to
Motherfucker=Redeemer pt. 2

That might get you there

7021 - 7040 of 7071 Posts