The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
7001 - 7020 of 7071 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I used to record off the radio a lot (the first wave of pirating) and sometimes I'd leave a 90min (45 a side) just recording while I wasn't listening, then go back and dub the ones I liked onto another tape. One day I captured this. It blew me away.
A few years ago I found the 12" single on vinyl. It was every bit I remembered!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
WOW!! If you played that to me blind, I'd have NEVER guessed Depeche Mode. It sounds like Dave, but wow, it does NOT sound like him. Awesome post.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Reliving my 80s days. I had 3 staple bands I would listen to religiously. U2, The Jam and Echo and the Bunnymen. I could NOT get enough of E and the B men.

Here's "The cutter" for the uninitiated.

F'n YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Echo!!

Saw them a few years ago in your neck or the woods at the Music Hall in London. Still great.

Just checked my photos... can't believe that was Aug 2017!!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
WOW!! If you played that to me blind, I'd have NEVER guessed Depeche Mode. It sounds like Dave, but wow, it does NOT sound like him. Awesome post.
The one I posted isn't their original kick at this tune. Music for the Masses has this version. The "Beatmasters Remix" is (technically) not DM.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Never heard of this guy before, but I heard this song on the way in this morning. It sounds so old!! I love the horns, and back-up singers. So well arranged.

7001 - 7020 of 7071 Posts