Reactions: greco

·
Registered
15,866 Posts

Reactions: Alex

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Justine Vandergrift. Local Alberta artist.
Title track to her album "Stay"

Reactions: Dorian2 and LanceT

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I recently traded in my car for another. In the old one I had (on SXM)
First Wave- 80's New Wave and early Alternative. Smiths', Cure, New Order, Talking Heads...
Ozzy's Bone Yard- "Classic Metal". Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Deep Purple
Hair Nation... uh, well, Hair Bands
70's on 7- anything from the 1970's
80's on 8- " " 1980's
90's on 9- " " 1990's
Beatles Channel
Springsteen Channel
Classic Rewind
- "tape era Classic Rock". Tom Petty, Foreigner, Boston, (70's & 80's) Stones
Classic Vinyl- Doors, Hendrix, Zepp, Moody Blues, (60's) Stones
Lithium- 90's Alternative & Grunge. Nirvana, Janes, Soundgarden, Alice, Pumpkins.
Prime Country- 80's & 90's Country (this is just to give a bit of variety away from "Rock". (I like the 90's part more than the 80's part, but...)

For the new car when I was loading (what was to be) the same stations, and order, I thought I needed something different. I do not like much new stuff. Certainly not a whole channel dedicated to it. Then I remembered "the Spectrum". It is basically a merger of Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl, & Lithium but with sprinklings of new. So far so good. It's only been 2 days, but that is 4 trips up and down the 401 for an hour or more each way, so a good sample. They play as far back as Hendrix, but then do Mellencamp, RHCP's, and so far the "new" I've heard, a lot has been OK. I had heard of My Morning Jacket, but couldn't name a tune. The two or three I've heard I like. A new Foo's tune I had never heard, John Mayer, and the latest Leon Bridges. I love his first LP, but his 2nd left me flat. So far, his third seems OK-ish. Being in the car for as long as I am each week, I felt it gave me the OK to pay for radio... a concept I would have said was madness even a couple years ago, but I don't think I could go back. If I change jobs, and my commute drops to nothing, ya, but not 10hrs/week (minimum) in the car.

So which one got the boot?? Sorry Bruce, I like ya, but not enough for a dedicated channel it seems.

·
Registered
15,866 Posts

6761 - 6780 of 6783 Posts