The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6069 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Joe Louis Walker - Everybody wants a piece

And just before I was spinning Colin Linden - Southern Jumbo.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Dave Macki (GC member in Ottawa) 13 or so songs he had linked to in his thread.
"Speaker Hug" at the moment.

All the tracks are very highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Michel Cusson has a new album coming out on Friday. I bought it on Bandcamp (pre-sale). The first song called Drowning Memories was available for download immediately and I've been looping it a few times. Very nice and relaxing. It reminds me quite a bit of David Gilmour's latest effort, Rattle that Lock. Here's a teaser.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,834 Posts
An interesting change for me. Someone recently told me to check out the band Halestorm.

I really dig her voice. You rarely hear female rock vocalists who grind it out like that. If you're a fan of female fronted modern rock bands, you might like some of their stuff.

·
Registered
569 Posts
At this instant? Lazaretto by Jack White. I think I gotta learn Alone In My Home and adapt the piano parts for guitar. Nice harmonies too...

Reactions: Gimper

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
good album. the vinyl is possibly the biggest pain in the ass ever. it plays backwards and it skips/plays incorrectly if you don't start it in just the right spot.

I'm listening to Perfectamundo right now...

·
Registered
569 Posts
good album. the vinyl is possibly the biggest pain in the ass ever. it plays backwards and it skips/plays incorrectly if you don't start it in just the right spot.

I'm listening to Perfectamundo right now...
Yeah the so called Ultra LP. I have that, but I'm listening to a digital copy here at work. Here are the features of the vinyl:

- 180 gram vinyl
- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
- Side A plays from the inside out
- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
- Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
- Both sides end with locked grooves
- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
- Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
- Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
- Different running order from the CD/digital version
- LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

So yeah it's a pretty cool pain in the ass.

And the "Ultra-LP" thing reminds me of a joke from a '90s British TV show that I think I'm the only one in the world who thinks is hilarious:

Q: What dish has over 1,000,000 ingredients?
A: Ultimate Shepherd's Pie

1 - 20 of 6069 Posts