The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as we know tax return time is coming soon.

Well last year I got just shy of $1500 back and I’m told I should be getting more back this year due to a raise i got in the spring. And I’m really craving an es335 style guitar. So I’m thinking on buddies Lado then with the rest because I all ready have some $$ put aside for a new guitar in March I might also get a Gretsch sincromantic 100? Or an epiphone broadway ? So I can fill both voids . So what gear are you looking at for 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Hopefully not much.

I got a used LP junior a few weeks ago and yesterday I was blasting it through a twin that was hooked up to some sort of stage rig with preamps or whatever and bigass speakers on each side. Single pickup junior is a killer rock machine. Then played my friends gold top through the same rig - I prefer the single pickup street fightin LP Junior. The neck was better too.

Looked at a single pickup es 335 today at cosmo but the neck on my junior is way slicker so no more guitars in 2018.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Contemplating selling my mediocre gear to downsize and buy better gear (maybe a nice PRS).

In the meantime a Ceriatone Son of Yeti, and maybe a Friendman Dirty Shirley pedal are at the top of the list (today).

·
Premium Member
17,196 Posts
Money.

In reality I am hoping to turn some old swamp ash (i think it is) into a tele.

The problem is not knowing if its useable for that, and if it is what kind of tele to make.

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I can’t really think of too many. I just finished my pedalboard, grabbed a Gretsch with a small Vox AC4C1 and I’m picking up a Strat tomorrow. Maybe a Tweed Champ?

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
Hmm, not sure--have some possibilities on my mental list--but nothing dramatic or that expensive...

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Money.

In reality I am hoping to turn some old swamp ash (i think it is) into a tele.

The problem is not knowing if its useable for that, and if it is what kind of tele to make.
Im sure it is. If you can make a Tele body from pine you can basically use anything.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Honestly, I can't really think of anything. Well, other than an affordable vintage Jr...but everyone GASes for that ;^ )

·
Registered
662 Posts
There are a few pedals that are on my list for the near future; the new opamp big muff is going to be on my board in the very near future.

Other than that, I can’t see any new guitar purchases in my future. I’m trying to not buy anymore guitars until my playing outpaces my instruments; I can’t see that happening anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
I'm indirectly gassing for a cnc machine. Then the world.
2017 has been by far the gasiest year of my life so let's see what happens.

·
Premium Member
Gibson LP plain top/ Fender AM Pro Strat/ Guild D50
53 Posts
I just opened the Jan edition of Guitar Player mag and on the 4th page there is a full page picture of a gorgeous new Fender Am Pro Tele in CANDY APPLE RED !!! OMG brand spanking new and just waiting for me.

·
Premium Member
8,514 Posts
Well, believe it or not...I'm gassing for a guitar I have for sale. I keep playing my Dano and simply love it. The neck is as fast as a freshly oiled JP6. I'm letting it go, because it's not 'perfect' for me. I want to order one tomorrow from scratch - right neck, right colour, right pick-ups. It plays better than my Monty, so I know I'll be keeping it. That'll be my two guitars. Done.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts