The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posting a video of a dead person LOGAN PAUL how totally insensitive of him to deliberately going out of bounds to find a poor person who decided to end their lives and then to post it to his facebook which is followed by his age group of 7-17 just what kids need to see right lets make sure that they think that this might be cool or something.
If it were up to me I would have him arrested and throw the key away for damage that he has caused both the family of the soul and who knows now how many kids may also decide that this is the way to go and with 16 million followers of him well I can see that number causes me great concern for all his followers.(kids)

makes me wonder what he was even thinking his apology was hollow and his second apology was self serving this may be why sometimes I feel facebook does more damage then good, one life lost is just to great of a price to pay.
I don't blame facebook for the sins of others but it just takes to long for them to delete videos such as he posted he had over 500,000 likes with I think they said over 2 million views before it was removed. makes me feel really sick.
a very sad ship

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Ive never heard of the guy before, but just read his wiki page.
Its a shame hes such a moron. The "suicide forest" is an interesting subject and would be good material for someone with intelligence, dignity and maturity to make a documentary about. But clearly not from another desensitized frat boy idiot. even the clowns in Jackass had more sense than this guy.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I don't do facebook and I stay away from the "trending" material on youtube just to avoid people like this. As someone who has struggled with mental health for the past 20 years I can't explain the sadness for these people in the woods and anger towards this idiot. why ?

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
posting a video of a dead person LOGAN PAUL how totally insensitive of him to deliberately going out of bounds to find a poor person who decided to end their lives and then to post it to his facebook which is followed by his age group of 7-17 just what kids need to see right lets make sure that they think that this might be cool or something.
If it were up to me I would have him arrested and throw the key away for damage that he has caused both the family of the soul and who knows now how many kids may also decide that this is the way to go and with 16 million followers of him well I can see that number causes me great concern for all his followers.(kids)

makes me wonder what he was even thinking his apology was hollow and his second apology was self serving this may be why sometimes I feel facebook does more damage then good, one life lost is just to great of a price to pay.
I don't blame facebook for the sins of others but it just takes to long for them to delete videos such as he posted he had over 500,000 likes with I think they said over 2 million views before it was removed. makes me feel really sick.
a very sad ship

Who the hell is Logan Paul?

And why should someone be arrested for posting something? What law did he break by doing so?

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Yeah, I haven't heard, and don't want to know the details. I was intrigued by the thread title. If it had said anything about suicide, I would have moved on.

No offense to the OP, but this is how shit seeps into our consciousness and spreads.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I saw this in the news. How do these morons get so many followers. Are the youth of today really that clueless with no lives that they have to follow this crap?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow really interesting responses why should he be arrested well because there is a chance now that some kid will do the same and if you are not aware of what goes on in the world shit already should have seeped into your mind from a whole lot of other shit happening or is it selective for younger people ( not trying to be a smartass here ) but how do you object to shit in the world if you are not informed about it.
My point to posting it is so to educate and if we can to get rid of guys like that so our kids are not following him nor our grand kids he has a very large following of CHILDREN ages 7-17 and some maybe older of 16 million followers so when you get a guy like this I get scared for those kids and hope that enough folks complain and have him removed from facebook and you tube
( and vokey design my son in law has that name )
and a little shit seeping into our brains well anything to stimulate the nogin is a good thing I've been around long enough to know

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I just watched this video on the topic. Done right with a touch of wisdom... couple of disturbing scenes but it's part and parcel with a good documentary.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
Who the hell is Logan Paul?

And why should someone be arrested for posting something? What law did he break by doing so?
If someone gets drunk in a bar and goes out and kills someone the bar owner will often get charged. Perhaps it's time we started charging social media for profligating this sort of shit.

I'm a huge proponent of free speech but not insensitivity and stupidity.

Yes I'm probably over reacting.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
wow really interesting responses why should he be arrested well because there is a chance now that some kid will do the same and if you are not aware of what goes on in the world shit already should have seeped into your mind from a whole lot of other shit happening or is it selective for younger people ( not trying to be a smartass here ) but how do you object to shit in the world if you are not informed about it.
My point to posting it is so to educate and if we can to get rid of guys like that so our kids are not following him nor our grand kids he has a very large following of CHILDREN ages 7-17 and some maybe older of 16 million followers so when you get a guy like this I get scared for those kids and hope that enough folks complain and have him removed from facebook and you tube
( and vokey design my son in law has that name )
and a little shit seeping into our brains well anything to stimulate the nogin is a good thing I've been around long enough to know
So, based on my understanding, what he did was go to this creepy place where apparently a lot of suicides take place, and filmed a dead body while laughing and making jokes about it. Is that your understanding as well?
Because based on that, I also don't know why he would be arrested. Its in terribly bad taste and shows the world what a broken person he is inside. But I don't know why that would be cause for arrest. I don't know that theres any laws against that kind of conduct. Its not really a disturbance, its disgraceful and I suppose offensive.

In terms of what some other kid thinks or does, in some ways id rather someone contemplating suicide think theres a good chance if they do it, they'll be ridiculed before fading into obscurity rather than think they'll attain some sort of love and adoration if theyre "successful".

its a complicated thing. I found out 2 months ago that a really good friend had committed suicide few years ago and it really messed with me. I don't know whats right or wrong, I just wished in his hour of need he'd have picked up the phone. And I'm torn between sadness and honestly a little angry about that. I don't know if some douche on YT really changes that. Nor do a bunch of solemn memorials on the interwebs along with the 3 secs it takes someone to make an empty gesture like post "R.I.P". I cant get all bent out of shape over the indignity of it, because IMO the greatest indignity to the dead man was committed by himself. if he didn't respect his own life, I guess you cant expect some internet moron to respect it either, although it would be nice to show a little more decorum.

·
Registered
460 Posts
As far as I'm aware, bad taste isn't an arrestable offence under the Criminal Code of Canada. The court of public opinion can look after things like this but suggesting his video should be cause for arrest is being a little over dramatic ala Mrs. Broflovski.

I find it odd how some people react with "he should be charged!" over something they object to. A woman from Alberta was in the news earlier this week because her 17 year old son was allegedly kicked out of a cab in -30C temps when he ran out of money for how far the cab had gone. She wants the cab driver charged with negligence.

Wrong, bad taste, poor judgement....fine. But charged? Lol.

Next thing we know Tipper Gore is going to want musicians censored and charged for promoting poor behaviour and bad taste.

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
wow really interesting responses why should he be arrested well because there is a chance now that some kid will do the same
So you think that someone should be charged because someone else might do something? That is moronic. Under which law do you think he should be charged?

And do you seriously think that kids these days had never heard of suicide before this video?

But clearly not long enough to know what is, and what is not, a criminal offense.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no there is no law and what does that tell you but I am sure some of you maybe smarter then me after all I am but one who found it offensive and made me think of if just one child tries it and yep Diablo I remember that and colchar clearly long enough to know that you have your opinion and I have mine of course being a parent and a grand parent maybe I view things a little different then you might but each to their own.
lost my brother to suicide and lost my mother 2 years ago to suicide and have had other family members commit suicide also so I think I have the right to feel they should be arrested doesnt mean thats what will ever happen oh and that cab driver well he did loose his job and cabbie license but whatever

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
man, you guys are really into over-reacting these days, aren't you? have any of you actually seen the video? or are you just parroting what some youtube sjw had to say?
more virtue signaling.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
no there is no law and what does that tell you but I am sure some of you maybe smarter then me after all I am but one who found it offensive and made me think of if just one child tries it and yep Diablo I remember that and colchar clearly long enough to know that you have your opinion and I have mine of course being a parent and a grand parent maybe I view things a little different then you might but each to their own.
lost my brother to suicide and lost my mother 2 years ago to suicide and have had other family members commit suicide also so I think I have the right to feel they should be arrested doesnt mean thats what will ever happen oh and that cab driver well he did loose his job and cabbie license but whatever
I get that this story hit a nerve with you but are you sure arrest is the word youre thinking of? because its usually used in cases where someone needs to be detained due to harm they had just committed or were about to commit. it doesn't even have any real consequence in and of itself. someone can be arrested and released in a few hours without charges ever being laid ie the G20 protesters. I don't know what the point of that would be in a case like this.

·
Premium Member
8,573 Posts
man, you guys are really into over-reacting these days, aren't you? have any of you actually seen the video? or are you just parroting what some youtube sjw had to say?
more virtue signaling.

LOL. For some reason I always have confused you and ship. So imagine my surprise when ship posted this, while knowing how YOU feel about this stuff. I was doing a big old WTF

·
Premium Member
3,152 Posts
Back in the day, media in Toronto would not report someone jumping into a subway train, because they noticed that if they did, there would soon be another. This was not censorship, however. It was common sense, co-operation, decency and restraint. Today's media will likely have to check their dictionaries for the meanings of those terms.

I have personally ignored media since the first Gulf war in the early nineties. Never been on Facebook. Don't even know what Twitter, Instagram, etc are. It doesn't seem to affect my life at all (for the past 25 years!!!!!!).

My wife on the other hand immerses herself in bullshit everyday. If she tries to share it, good or bad news, I leave the room. Its all bullshit, if its current.

I eventually even stopped watching the local news after phoning a buddy to get the scoop on the evacuation of his town due to flooding . "Its not even raining."

I do watch documentaries of all sorts to avoid the old "head-in-the-sand" syndrome. Lotsa BS there too, but more passage of time to filter to it.

I did like your title tho', OP. Good job. I haven't been sucked in since "Luthier Attacks Reporter". Lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts