The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t been a hard liquor person since that fateful New Years Eve 32 years ago...but am now beginning to enjoy that after dinner evening comfort.

Tonight I tried Woodford Reserve Kentucky Bourbon and I must say, pretty nice.

Do you have a preference? What’s your favourite? And of course, no pictures means it didn’t happen. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,530 Posts
It's all firewater to me, but bourbon goes down easier for me.
I prefer tequila anyways.

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Banned
13,247 Posts
I like whiskey and bourbon but out of the pictured choices I'd take the Woodford, have some sitting in the cupboard right now. The Crown Royal is just a tad sour for me to truly enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Well, bourbon IS a type of whisky. Bourbon has to be made with a majority of the mash being corn. Rye whisky, as you would expect should be made with rye, though in Canada it frequently has wheat or corn in the mix. Scotch whiskey is made with malted barley, and must be aged for a minimum number of years.

For something to savour, I like single malt Scotch, or a good Irish whiskey. In a Manhattan, I like bourbon. For mixing, blended Scotch or rye.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Not a big Scotch fan. Starting to like sipping rye (Crown Royal). Have never tried Bourban. Always thought is was nasty stuff that only hillbillies drank. I'll try the Woodford next time I go out.

·
Premium Member
11,530 Posts
Not a big Scotch fan. Starting to like sipping rye (Crown Royal). Have never tried Bourban. Always thought is was nasty stuff that only hillbillies drank. I'll try the Woodford next time I go out.
i grew up with that same perception of bourbon. In reality I find it smoother than scotch.

Reactions: BSTheTech

·
Premium Member
11,530 Posts
To the OP, I keep a booze cabinet very well stocked for guests...my FIL is a big whisky/scotch/bourbon guy. He seems to be downing my Makers Mark Bourbon the fastest if that's a recommendation for you. I'm fine with Jack Daniels or Jim Beam Honey.
I bought some of the highly rated crown royal northern harvest rye....IMO, over rated. Smells nice though.

Reactions: StratCat

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
Not a big fan of bourbon. Tried 3 or 4 of the higher end brands, its all a bit bland for me but agree that they are generally pretty smooth. I like the smoky stuff, from Islay. Laphroig or Lagavulin.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Jack and me had a bad bout when I was 18. Drank myself until I couldn't see. Can't stand bourbon to this day.

I like CR or Gibsons 50/50 with ginger ale. Sip occasional Red Breast with drop of water. Haven't warmed to scotch yet

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Scotch Whisky

Reactions: StratCat

·
Registered
15,293 Posts
Irish Whiskey on the rocks and a tall sexy young lady on a Saturday night. :)
I don't drink anymore but when I did anything made any lady a tall, sexy and young lady on any night. Drank a lot of good whiskey and a lot of cheap stuff and after the third or fourth it don't matter no more.....same with burbon. Crown Royal and Tequila with Jack and Southern as chasers kept many a Friday night go on until Monday morning.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts