The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rented an rv6 and a blue sky from long and McQuade. It’s hard to decide really. The blue sky seems more capable due to extra controls. Not sure about the spring or shimmer on either of them.

What’s your favorite reverb right now?

·
Premium Member
18,551 Posts
I loved my bigsky.

The thing to remember between the rv6 and bluesky is that the bluesky is two reverb pedals in one.

Spring and shimmer on both are fine. I would get the strymon.

L&m carry earthquaker now too, so look there as well.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the Flint for a bit. Just wish they had made the tremolos pan like they did on the Mobius.

@Budda what did you mean by the Bluesky being two reverb pedals?

I got a Neunaber Slate inbound to compare with the Bluesky and RV6.

·
Registered
15,747 Posts
I do like th TC Electronics HOF Reverb pedal--but not sure how much I would use all the different options.
I have a cheaper (less expensive) mini pedal for revert right now with 3 varieties--and that does it for what I need.
But if I got a good deal on a fancier one--I might go for it.

Or an old standalone F ender Reverb tank--but I'd need some serious money first for that one

Reactions: Todd MacCulloch

·
Premium Member
18,551 Posts
I had the Flint for a bit. Just wish they had made the tremolos pan like they did on the Mobius.

what did you mean by the Bluesky being two reverb pedals?
The favourite switch means you can switch to an entirely different reverb sound without adjusting anything. Just like stepping on a different reverb pedal. You want a light, low mix spring that you can switch to a massive hall? It's there for you.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I'm interested too. I just bought the TC Drip spring reverb pedal to tide me over until I buy a nicer unit. I might just stick with it though. It does one thing well and that might be all I need.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Nuther vote for Flint.
BlueSky as well but it’s a lot of floor space for one effect even if it is very good. For me, footprint is always an important issue. If I can get two excellent effects in the same space I will. Every time.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,414 Posts
Prussian Blue.

It’s on all the time and barely noticeable which is what I wanted.

Small pedal so could easily be mounted under the board if I needed more space.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The favourite switch means you can switch to an entirely different reverb sound without adjusting anything. Just like stepping on a different reverb pedal. You want a light, low mix spring that you can switch to a massive hall? It's there for you.
The Flint can do this too... except it's 4 pedals in one (2 reverbs and 2 tremolos if using the Fav).

I don't really like Shimmer reverb, and simple controls are a plus for me. I thought I was going to use the Flint mostly for the Plate and Spring sounds, but cranking the decay all the way up on the 80's Hall creates a lush, modulated, infinite reverb that is hard to beat (even with the BigSky, which comes close to that sound, but not quite).

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
i dont think you can access 4 sounds with the two buttons though? Thus making it a 2 in 1 again.
With the Fav/Miniswitch you can have 4 sounds available. I have mine setup with one trem sound and one reverb sound. Then I tap the external Fav switch, but the Fav setting has both the trem and reverb bypassed, so now there is a different trem and reverb ready to go. Basically I'm using the Fav almost as a second bank of presets.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After playing around with the Blue Sky for a month I really loved that basic room sound. I can’t remember if the Flint can cop that sound. On the other hand the mobius panned trems, while fun, are not really necessary for me. I could go back to the mono trems of the flint. Wish it was an easier decision.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with my Empress Reverb. So much good sounds, but some obvious flaws ( spring reverb and mix control comes to mind). They do update it from time to time, so they might change some settings in the future. I recently plugged it in the effect loop of my new amp and it sounds way better this way than in the front of the amp.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Wish it was an easier decision.
There is an easy answer... buy them all! :)

I have a love/hate relationship with my Empress Reverb. So much good sounds, but some obvious flaws ( spring reverb and mix control comes to mind).
Did I sell you that pedal? It has some really cool sounds that you just can't get on anything else. The Casper setting (the friendly ghost) was probably my favourite, and there was one "beer" setting that had a randomly alternating filter that was actually pretty cool too. But the lack of subtlety was a problem for me.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts